Chapter Thirty

"Greenland Foster Home."

Chris rose his eyes up with a tilt of his head, tearing his gaze away from the papers he had scattered around his work desk. His eyebrow quirked, equally surprised and bemused by his brother's presence.

"What?" He was completely baffled.

"Greenland Foster Home," Keygan repeated, sat on the chair and leaned back with his hands buried in pockets. "Something had happened there, that terrified Fuz- Keyara."

"Keyara?" Chris found himself frowning at the name of hers. "Why?"

The younger one shrugged. "I assume Mom didn't tell you. Keyara had a panic attack when she saw the foster home."

"Really?"

Keygan chewed on his lip and nodded. "I find no reason to lie."

Chris leaned back and clicked his pen. He did it again.

The repeated sound bounced back. It was silence, and clicks.

"Any assumptions?" Chris asked after a while.

Keygan shool his shoulders again. "Didn't find any. She's your responsibility anyway."

To that, Keyara felt suspicious when he noticed the subtle smirk hanging over his brother lips. His brows flew in bewilderment.

"Then why bother telling me this?"

Keygan sheepishly scratched the back of his head. Not that he really wanted to know about her.

"Thought this might help you." Keygan looked away as he said to show that he really didn't care. "I'm just offering you some hints since you might be curious about her."

"I'm not." Chris admitted. "But I'm pretty sure you are, and possibly, also attracted."

Keygan perked up, eyes widened at his brother accusation. "Why would I be attracted to h-"

Both head spun towards the door when two knocks came from the door. Keygan rolled his eyes and sat back, casually reading the papers on the board set against the white wall.

He wasn't attracted to her. . .

Well, maybe a little.

"Come in," Chris said after flashing a smirk to his brother.

"Mr. Blythe, this is the file you asked me to bring." Ms. Richards entered and placed the black folder. She flashed a grin onto Keygan's way. "It's getting harder to see you, Keygan."

He suppressed an eye roll. "Just thought about giving my dear brother a visit."

"Aww, how thoughtful of you." He grimaced when she ruffled his hair. "Anyway, I will leave you both alone."

Thank God, Keygan thought, blowing out a sigh of relieve when the sound of door closing reached his ears.

"Thoughtful?" Chris grimaced, Keygan reflected back a grin. "My ass."

"Just be grateful I'm even here to see your face." Keygan's eyes curiously dropped ob the file. He picked it up and flipped to the first place, scanning the face of a child approximately below 10, big gray eyes staring back with innocent shining from those orbs. Red hair were put into pig tails. His lips twitched when he read the name. "She's cute."

"She was nine then, duh."

"No parent's information?" Keygan asked regarding the empty columns on the second page, where he assumed would be either the information about her parents or guardians. Instead he found it empty, not even a single letter printed on the paper.