Can't Even Think Straight {20}

“Today, today, today!” I sang cheerfully as Rory and I drove towards school.

                “You are so annoying,” Rory said with a sigh.

                “Annoying and about to be dating Sebastian Amsel!” I said smugly.

                Rory rolled his eyes as he pulled into the school parking lot. We got out of the car and went inside together. I looked around eagerly for Sebastian.

                “Evan, he’ll be here late. He’s going to pick up Murphy this morning,” Rory pointed out.

                “I knew Murphy was trying to ruin our relationship!” I growled in frustration.

                The bell rang and Rory and I made our way to our lockers. We went to class, me seeing no sign of Sebastian or Murphy.

                Lunch time came around and I basically sprinted to the cafeteria. I sat down next to Rory and watched the cafeteria door anxiously.

                Murphy came in and over to the table. He sat down and I reached over the table, grabbing his shoulders.

                “Where’s Sebastian?” I begged, shaking him wildly.

                “Calm down Evan! Sebastian’s out sick today!” Murphy said, pulling my hands off of his shoulders.

                “WHAT? We need to get him a doctor!” I cried in a panic.

                “Evan!” Murphy slapped his hand over my mouth, laughing.

                “You’re being overdramatic again Evan,” Rory said with a sigh.

                “Look, he’s not here today. But he said he left a surprise for you in the locker room yesterday. Our locker combination is 12-27-09. There’s something in the locker for you,” Murphy said, scribbling down the locker combination on a piece of paper before handing it to me.

                “Aw he’s so sweet!” I said cheerfully, jumping up and slinging my backpack over my shoulder.

                I hurried out of the cafeteria and down the senior wing to the boys’ locker room. I signed in and entered the locker room, looking around. I was alone.

                I went over to the locker Sebastian had basically molested me at and put in the combination. I pulled the locker open and saw a piece of paper taped on it.

                I grabbed the paper and, seeing my name scribbled on the top in Sebastian’s fancy script, I opened it.

                Turn around.

                “Turn around?” I read the two words on the paper out loud, confused. I turned around curiously and my eyes widened.

                “Sebastian!” I cried happily. I dropped the paper and flung myself into his arms.

                He stumbled back a little as he caught me. He smiled down at me. “Hello Evan,” he greeted.

                “Murphy told me you were out sick,” I said, frowning deeply. Lying bastard!

                “I know. I told him to tell you that,” Sebastian said, chuckling. “I just felt like surprising you. I wanted us to be alone so we could talk. I was hiding behind the lockers over there.”