Part 24

I was walking down the hall with Acantha to class.

¨... so that's what kinda happened," I finished informing them about what had happened a few nights ago. I had already told Estella a couple of days ago as well.

¨He shouldn't have done that. If I were you, I would've been in an outrage. I would have probably broken up with him," Acantha said, shaking her head.

What she said took me by surprise. ¨Really?" I asked her.

"Yes! I mean, I'm sorry to tell you this but, I heard about a small tiny little rumor about him- actually..." She began but paused.

"And what would that be ?" I looked over at her, as we sat down in our seats in ghoul studies, an extra course we both took.

"Oh-um-well - apparently he's been seen flirting around with a Hufflepuff named Esma," She said, as she was unpacking her books.

I was in shock. I felt ashamed but, there was something off in the way she said it. Which almost made it seem as if she was happy saying this. Perhaps it was just me not wanting to believe it or not wanting to feel betrayed. I didn't say anything for the rest of the class. I came to realize I was overreacting, and I was just going to talk to Adrian later.

___________________________________________________________________________

"Hey Estella-um did- can I ask you something?" I was going to ask Estella if she heard any of the supposed rumors.

"Yes, of course! What is it?" She asked.

"So, uh, apparently there is a rumor that Adrian has been flirting with Esma, a Hufflepuff. Have you happened to have heard of this or anything?" I asked anxiously.

"Mm, no, I haven't. Who told you this?" She asked, with a confused look.

"Acantha, but maybe she heard wrong or something," I said, trying not to overthink anymore.

"Maybe, but, I dunno. I'm not too convinced. Keep a lookout for her," Estella said, putting her hands on my shoulders.

"I'll try to. Oh goodness," I said, letting out a sigh as we walked to the library.

"How has Damien been treating you?" I asked as we sat down.

"Fantastic! He's kind and gentle," Estella said with a bright smile.

"Aw, I'm glad to hear that!" I said, toning it down a little when I noticed students glaring at me.

___________________________________________________________________________

"Have you talked to Tamasha lately?" Estella asked as we headed out of the library.

"Nope, not recently, have you?" I replied, trying to remember the last time we had talked.

"No, I haven't either. She's been kinda distant, but I'll see if I can find and talk to her," Estella said, waving over at a portrait.

"Tell me how it goes, if you get the chance to do so," I said, grabbing onto my books.

"Will do so. I hope it goes well. I mean why wouldn't it, anyway, I'll be seeing you tomorrow then, goodnight Anto," Estella said, pulling me into a hug.

"Well, goodnight to you too Estella," I whispered as we separated.

"Goodbye!" Estella whispered yelled as I began walking away. I waved and mouthed goodbye. I figured it was late at night due to the fact of it being super dark outside. I began walking to the dungeons, admiring some of the portraits placed and artwork done on some of the doors and walls. I ran my hand over the carvings, appreciating everything about them. When out of nowhere a hand came on top of mine. At once, I recognized it was Adrian's. His Slytherin ring wrapped around his finger.