Part 26

It was officially June, and I was excited for summer. It would give me a break from having to be around those 3 bastards. I decided it was finally time to go and talk to Adrian. I mustered up some courage, and I waited after he was done with his quidditch practice. I walked over to where he was standing. I felt my heart pounding and my throat going dry.

"Anto!" Adrian spoke out as he cleared his throat.

"I've just come to um," It had just hit me. I hadn't figured out what I was going to exactly tell him.

"I'm so sorry. I don't even know why I did what I did-" He began talking, but I cut him off.

"It's okay if you're happy with her, that's fine." As I said this, it felt as if knives were stabbing me.

"No, I mean, I don't have feelings for her," He mumbled.

"It doesn't matter. It still doesn't take away from you cheating. Now, if you'll excuse me." I shoved into him before I left, holding in tears.

"Fucking Adrian!" I shouted out loud as I began sobbing. "UGH!" I started throwing rocks and almost screamed when I saw Terence.

"Wow, okay, that's one way to take your anger out," He said chuckling.

"Thanks for the sympathy," I said jokingly.

"One of my many talents," He replied, smirking.

"Sure it is," I said, throwing a small rock over at him.

"Bet?" He asked as he flattened his quidditch robes.

"Alright, what exactly?"

Terence ruffled his hair and said, "If I can stay in the black lake for 30 minutes, you'll let me turn your hair green."

"What about the giant squid, and isn't the water too cold either way?" I didn't want to turn my hair green, but either way, there was only one month left of school, so perhaps it wouldn't be a bad bet.

"Doesn't matter to me," He said calmly. "Okay then, let's see you try and stay in the black lake for 30 minutes," I dared. "Great, let's go then," He marveled. Before any words left my mouth, he ran off, "TERENCE? WAIT UP!" He gestured to me to follow him, and I did so. I tried my best to keep up with him. When we made it to the black lake, he began taking his quidditch robes off, and I looked away. I finally looked back when I heard a SPLASH.

"Well? How is it?" I jeered, looking over at him as he shivered.

"It's awesome!" He replied mockingly. I laughed and said, "As if I were to believe that!"

"No really, looks to me that your hair is going to be green soon."

I shook my head and sarcastically said "Ooo, I can't wait!"

"Well, of course, you can't!" He marked as he stuck his head inside of the water. I sat down and started plucking the grass.

30 minutes had gone by, and Terence exclaimed he had won, and now I had to let him turn my hair green. He pulled out his wand and chanted out a spell, and then proceeded to laugh hysterically.

"Is it really that bad?" I asked him, worrying about having my hair look like a turd.

"No, not-" He continued laughing even more, so I got up and started walking away. "Wait Anto, I'm only joking," He remarked. "What do you mean?" I was confused. "What I mean is I didn't actually turn your hair green," He admitted. "Huh? What did you do to my hair then?"

"Nothing," He answered with a smile.

"Why?" I asked laughing in confusion.

"I don't know, anyway, it's getting late. We should head back inside."