𝐹𝐼𝑉𝐸

WILL POV:
"Out of my house!" Nicos father yelled at Percy and I.
I flinch, hoping no one had noticed, but Nicos father was absolutely terrifying. He stood 6'4 as the least and was dressed in an all black suit. His black hair was slicked back and his beard was neatly trimmed. He smelled like alcohol and every time he opened his mouth I got a good sent of Brandy.
"Let's get out of here," Percy murmered, his voice sounded terrified.
I nod my head but look at cowering Nico solemnly. I vow that I was going to do whatever it takes to keep him safe after this night. With his Dad already there, there wasn't much I could do.
"Holy shit," Percy said once we out there front door and headed towards the gates to leave the property.
"I hope he's ok. . ." I say softly, I could feel my eyes filling with tears ready to spill down my cheeks.
"Well," Percy started but then stopped looking at a loss for words. "Let's just get back to my house."
I nod in agreement and follow Percy back to his house.
Percy lived practically around the corner to Nico, though his house wasn't the size of Nicos. His house was two story's, and painted a blueish grey.
"Hey boys, why'd you go running out earlier?" Percys mom Sally asked as she turned off the tv.
"Oh, uh," Percy looked at me as if asking for permission to tell her the truth. I nod and he continued, "There's this new boy at school Nico, and we figured out he's Wills soulmate."
"Oh that's great Will!" Sally exclaimed clapping.
Percy and I explained the rest of the story and her face dropped.
"That poor boy," she said sadly, "Should I go and check on him?"
"I think that would make it worse," I tell her.
"I mean if he gets hurt Will will know," Percy said looking me over, "Shit, you have a black eye and your eyebrows cut. Raise your shirt."
I do as he says and both of them gasp. I look down and see my entire torso is black and blue, even worse than it was before.
"Should I call the cops?" Sally asks looking from my face to me torso in horror.
We'd only been gone from his house for an hour and he had got this hurt. I felt awful, I should have tried to protect him. I should have called the cops right then and there, but it was too late.
"No, what's done is done. And I think he'd hate me if i did that, so i'm going to try and talk to him tomorrow," I finally conclude.
The worry lines on her forehead deepen in concern, "Are you sure?"
"Yes," I say.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

At around 11:00 I finally go back to my house and start getting ready for bed. As I was hopping in the shower I scanned my entire body, taking in all the new injuries. My arm was littered with fresh cuts, and my eye was swollen making it hard to see from that eye. I guess the good thing about this situation is that I finally know who my soulmate is, but things just got more complicated along with it. Even though I finally knew who i've wanted to help all my life, I felt stuck like there was nothing I could do.