𝑇𝑊𝐸𝐿𝑉𝐸

A/N I know I normally update like everyday, and now it's been 3. Sorry bout that, I got covid(not kidding) and haven't felt up to it really. Imma try to get back on my groove and update at least every other day but I'm also trying to not feel like death.

WILL POV:
Once Nico fell back asleep, I carefully crawled from under his arm and moved a pillow next to him. Looking down at the sleeping boy so couldn't help but smile, he looked so peaceful; so unlike him when he was awake. The tension in his face and body disappeared, and his normal frown was only a look of contentment.
I walked down stairs to where my mother was sitting around the dinning room table. She was eating a bowl of cereal and glowering down at the lucky charms as if they just asked for her first born.
"Hey mom," I say as I sat across from her.
Her attention moves from her bowl to my face. "What happened?" she asked dropping her spoon.
"He's fine," I say relief filling my own senses at the words.
"And you?" she followed, a look of concern still etched on her face.
"I'm okay, he calmed down," I answer, taking a much needed deep breath.
"Good, I'm still gonna keep an eye on him," she said taking another bite. "I get he's had a rough life or whatever but he's got to watch that temper."
"Your just being dramatic, I know you think your trying to protect me or whatever but you don't need to. What you called him 'hitting me' was him just pushing my arms away, it didn't hurt."
"It always starts that way," she said pointing her fork at me, "One second it's just yelling and pushing the next your in the hospital."
"He wouldn't hurt me on purpose," I state firmly.
"I know you've heard that he was expelled from him last school for putting a couple guys in the hospital, he may be small but he's clearly stronger than he looks."
"Well yes, but I know him. He's a lot of things but violent isn't one of them," I say defensively, starting to get frustrated as my moms accusations.
"Mhmm, whatever you say," she said raising her eyebrows accusingly as she finished off her cereal. "How well do you really know him though?"
I realised she did kinda have a point there. When I really think about it all I really know is what's on the surface, hard to hide when someone's around a lot. How well do I really know him?

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

"Afternoon sunshine," I say as I notice Nicos eyes flutter open.
"What time is it?" he asks groggily, looking around for a clock.
"It's only noon, don't worry," I say moving over to him from my desk where I had been doing homework.
He reached up and scratched his face, wincing when he accidentally hit one of the fresh cuts from the previous night. "Forgot about that," Nico said quietly, not meeting my eyes.
I look at his face sadly, all the tension and sadness was back. I bite my lip as I try to decide what to say.
"Are you hungry?" I finally ask, having an idea.
"Kinda," Nico said.
"Wanna go get lunch?" I say hopefully.
He looked at me warily, "Uhh, where?"
"I don't know, where do you wanna go?"
"I don't know, I don't really eat out."
I thought again, "Let's have a picnic!"
Maybe Id be able to get to know him better over lunch.
Nico looked at me with a look that simultaneously said "ew no that's weird" and "that's a great idea!"
"Okay. . ." He said edgily, as if he didn't know what to make of this idea.
"Perfect! Wait here i'll get everything ready!"