8

The next day: Day of the Sports Festival

a/n: I really don't want to go over every detail of the sports festival since you guys already know how it went.

"Are you nervous?" Y/n asked Midoriya as they were on their way to the waiting rooms. Even though she wasn't participating, she wanted to stay by her friend's side.

"N-no," he stuttered. "Okay maybe just a little."

"I'm sure you'll do great," you assured him while rubbing his shoulder.

A girl's touching me! Midoriya screamed in his mind. "Thanks. I'm bummed you can't take part in this though. With your moves and quirk, I'm sure you would've made it really far!"

"I'm bummed out too, but there's nothing I can do," you shrugged. As nonchalant as you were acting right now you've pouted multiple times in your room about not being able to participate. "I'll support you guys from the stands."

"That's what I like to hear!" Kirishima rushed in between you and Midoriya and put his arms around you both. "Hey Y/n, I didn't get to say this yesterday but you were awesome out there against Todoroki."

Overhearing your conversation, Uraraka decided to join in as well. "Totally! I didn't think you could move like that. It was so amazing to watch."

"Yeah what she said. My fight was Bakugou was over quick," Kirishima frowned. "His power is crazy!"

You swore you could feel your face slowly turning red as they showered you with such kind compliments. These people really are wonderful.

"We all still have a lot of time to improve together," you pointed out. "Plus you guys have dealt with real villains right? Awh, I wish I could've seen you all in action."

"All Might was really the one who saved the day," Midoriya says. "Man, we would've been gone without him."

"Not true, Deku," said Uraraka. "You, Bakugou, Todoroki, and Kirishima really helped out in the end. "If it weren't for Todoroki icing up the Nomu or Bakugou blasting that warp guy, things could've turned out differently. Even All Might said you bought him a couple seconds when you tried charging after their leader."

"Tch, you guys are still on about that?" Bakugou says as you guys all enter the waiting room.

"Oh come on man," Kirishima walked up to him. "You gotta admit, you and I made a great team when we took down all the other villains."

"I could've done that all myself, shitty hair." Bakugou walked away and took a seat at one of the tables like everyone else.

"Midoriya," Todoroki called him as he walked to the center of the room. "I see that you and All Might are pretty close."

"Um, yeah I guess we are," he chuckled nervously.

"I want you to know that I'm going to do my best to defeat you there." Todoroki stared at him with the same intimidating expression he gave you a couple days ago. "You've seen me in action. Is it safe to say that I'm stronger than you?"

Midoriya gulped, but didn't break eye contact with him. "You are stronger than me— that's something I won't deny. It's painfully obvious. But still, that doesn't change the fact that I'm going to do my best out there too." He clenched his fist in the air, staring down at his hand.

"You'll need more than motivation to beat me," Todoroki replied.

"Woah, woah, woah," Kirishima put his hand on the boy's shoulder. "Why are you trying to pick a fight all of a sudden? What's that gonna do?"