11

Hours later, it was finally time for the final match... the match that you didn't want to happen. Bakugou verses Todoroki.

"You look nervous," Midoriya pointed out. "Even more than I was at the beginning."

"I just can't tell who would win this," you say to him. "By the way, are you feeling better? You took a lot of damage in your match with Shoto."

He gave you a light smile. "Yeah, Recovery Girl had to preform surgery on me and I kinda got scolded by her and All Might for being reckless."

"I admire what you did out there," you referred to him getting Todoroki to use his left side. "Shoto will probably think about this moment everyday for the rest of his life."

"Rest of his life?" He shrieked. "I-I mean I didn't d-do much you know, all I told him was the truth— I don't think he's gonna think much of it tomorrow or the day after that so 'rest of his life' might be a bit of an exagger-"

"Midoriya," you laugh. "Trust me, I'm sure it meant a lot to him, more than you know."

He relaxed his body and nodded. "Yeah, maybe." He stared at the floor for a couple seconds before speaking. "You know, I think Kacchan likes you— or I mean he respects you in a way."

"Why do you say that?" You ask him.

"I've just noticed that you guys talk a lot and I've known him since we were kids. He barely has the patience to put up with other people," Midoriya sighed. "Especially me."

"I could tell from the first day that you guys don't 100% get along." You were a little scared that you might've been prying. "But I don't think that means he doesn't respect you."

"I don't hate him," he clarified, "but maybe I hate the fact that he'll never look at me as anything more than a weakling." Your expression softened at his words. "But that doesn't matter anymore. Because one day I'm going to catch up to him and make him see me as something more than that."

"I had this thought earlier," you added. "From the moment I met you I knew you were gifted. It wasn't just the fact that All Might had his eye on you, but you have that look in your eye sometimes."

"A look in my eye?" He tilted his head.

You nodded. "A single glance and I knew you have a really good heart. And when I look at Bakugou's..." You pictured his crimson, red eyes in your mind. "His eyes remind me of yours too. It tells me that you're both not different from each other and you're very good people who inspire those around you to do better."

When you looked back at Midoriya you saw that his lips were quivering a little bit. "Huh? Midoriya you're not gonna cry are you?"

He shook his head violently. "N-no! I'm not! That's just, very nice of you to say."

"THE MOMENT WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR IS FINALLY HERE. THE FINAL MATCH: KATSUKI BAKUGOU VERSES HIS CLASSMATE... SHOTO TODOROKI!" Present Mic's voice made you and Midoriya turn your attention to the stage as the two contestants made their way to the center.

"NOW... BEGIN!"

Immediately Todoroki placed his palm on the ground and sent out ice pieces towards Bakugou.

"DAMMIT IT ICYHOT!" Bakugou shouted as he broke them with his explosion quirk. But Todoroki increased his power and soon enough half of the stage was covered with ice, burying Bakugou in it.

But seconds later there was a loud thud, and then another. A few more and Bakugou completely shot through the ice giving him an exit to step out.

"You're attacks are strong," he suddenly charged up to his opponent, "BUT YOU'RE A BAD AIM!" He grabbed Todoroki by the head and shoulder and threw him to the side.