19

The next day

Your eyes flutter open softly from the noise of people talking near you. You were currently covered with a blanket on a hospital bed while your three friends were talking to each other across from you. 

"You're awake!" Midoriya cheered as he walked over to you.

"How're you feeling?" Shoto's soft voice questioned you. One of his arms was wrapped with a bandage as well as Iida's.

"You look better than you did before!" Iida gave you a thumbs up. 

"I feel better too," you say as you stretch your legs. When you moved you felt sharp pain in your stomach and noticed your left arm was in a cast. "What happened last night? The last thing I remember was Stain. Is everyone okay?"

"About that," Shoto glared at you while crossing his arms, "I told you to stay where you were. You could've seriously injured yourself even more you know?"

"Oh come on, Todoroki!" Midoriya patted his shoulder. "She did good! And even took down Stain!"

"Yeah see," you agreed. "And I'm fine now aren't I? There was no harm done."

Todoroki relaxed his body and let out a sigh. "I guess so. But don't do that again."

"I won't," you smile. But no promises... Honestly, you were surprised by your own actions. Before leaving the agency yesterday you were nervous from just the thought of tracking down the Hero Killer. And a little over 12 hours ago, you faced him head on without hesitation. 

"Thinking about that fight now," Midoriya said, reading your mind, "we did something pretty amazing."

"I'm surprised we're even alive to be honest," you let out a deep breath. "With the injuries I had, he could've taken me out any time he wanted."

"Same with my leg," Midoriya sat down on his hospital bed and examined it. "I don't think I was at my best last night."

"I agree," Shoto nodded as he stared at his injured arm. "It seems to me that he let us both live. But I'm impressed with you Iida." The boy with glasses looked up at him, but he was lost in his own thoughts. "I mean he was trying to murder you, but you still stood tall."

"That's not true," he shook his head. "At the beginning I was acting like a coward. I was acting like anything but a hero."

"But you came through at the end didn't you?" You say. "Honestly Iida, I would've done the same. I don't know what I'd do to the people if I ever find out what happened to my parents." Of course, it's not confirmed that their deaths were caused by other people, but what else could it be?

"Your parents?" Midoriya and Iida question. You gulp, realizing that you never told them exactly how your parents died. All they knew was that they weren't around anymore.

Todoroki sensed your uneasiness and decided to quickly change the topic. "By the way, Bakugou said to call-"

"Ah, so the injured children are finally awake," Gran Torino bursted through the door along with Manual, the hero Iida was interning for. 

"Gran Torino!" Midoriya yelled excitedly. 

"Oh, Manual, you're here too," Iida spoke lowly, embarrassed for himself. 

"You idiot!" Gran Torino walked up to Midoriya. "I can yell at you for hours right now! But there's someone who came to see you guys."

A tall figure walked through the door and slowly approached you guys. They seemed to be half human half dog, but nonetheless, they were intimidating.