31

"No," Bakugou whispered. "No! No! DAMMIT!" He looked around frantically, hoping that somehow you were still here. His knees hit the ground as he screamed in anger and frustration. "Come back."

Midoriya and Todoroki stayed silent as they watched him. They were still trying to process what happened, and it was mainly Todoroki who had a hard time accepting it.

"I had her..." He ran his hands through his hair as he fell right besides Bakugou. "I was so close... I ALMOST HAD HER!"

"Todoroki," Midoriya attempted to comfort him. "That was not your fault!"

"How can you say that?" He looked up at him with tears threatening to spill from his eyes. "If I was quicker, I could've grabbed her."

Bakugou's body was trembling, he hadn't looked up from the ground, he wouldn't dare make eye contact with anyone. Guilt was consuming him. I should've taken that bastard villain out when I had the chance.

Midoriya gulped. "Kacchan... it wasn't your fault eithe-"

"SHUT UP!" The blonde yelled. "I don't wanna hear it! Because I'm getting her back and I don't care how!" His voice began cracking, but he had to stay strong. "No one's gonna stop me. Once I get my hands on that freak I'm going to kill him."

"Why didn't you?" Todoroki spoke with his teeth gritted together. "You had the opportunity! Why didn't you?!"

"Because I'm stupid okay?!" Bakugou answered. "Because I thought I could- I didn't think he would-" He was at a lost for words and at this point he didn't even know what he was trying to say.

"He told one of the other villains not to harm her," Midoriya mentions. "But maybe that's cause they might need her or something?"

"No," Bakugou shook his head. "If he really wanted to hurt her he would've done it a long time ago. I don't know how, but him and Y/n know each other."

Todoroki furrowed his brows in confusion. "Y/n's never mentioned being friends with a villain."

Before Bakugou could say anything else, Midoriya's body hit the ground with his eyes barely opened.

"Midoriya!" Shoji ran over to him.

"His body's reached his limit," Tokoyami sighed. "We should head back to the others and make sure they're okay too."

Shoji nodded in agreement. "Bakugou, you can explain more later to Mr. Aizawa."

Bakugou's eyes widened. What the hell am I going to tell Mr. Aizawa?

"And explain to me too," Todoroki added. "I want to know everything."

A tear rolled down his cheek, but Bakugou quickly wiped it away. "Whatever."

The group made their way back to the rest of the class. Shoji carried Midoriya on his back while the others walked in silence.

Bakugou clenched his fist, replaying the image of you smiling softly at him before completely disappearing. The taunting smirk of Dabi's, how satisfied he looked, the way he talked to you, Bakugou hated it all.

Please just let this be a bad dream.

As he snapped out of his thoughts, he heard heavy, frustrated breathing and slight sniffles. Bakugou glanced over at Todoroki but couldn't see his face, his hair was covering it as he was staring at the ground.

"Don't give me that icy-hot," Bakugou spoke sternly. "You're acting like she's dead, we're going to get her back."

Todoroki clenched his fist before punching Bakugou in the side of his face. "Why aren't you blaming me?!" He cried. "She would still be here if I was faster!"