27

Your body stirred around as you regained consciousness. The first thing you saw when you opened your eyes was Todoroki peering down at you.

"Welcome back," he says. "How do you feel?"

"Like I was thrown around multiple times." You let out a breathy laugh which was good, it meant you were in a good enough mood to joke around.

Bakugou, who was still sitting in own bed besides yours, didn't have the courage to say anything to you.

As you sat up straight you noticed you were in one of the nurse's office at UA. Then glancing to the side, you saw the blonde quietly staring down at the floor with his legs dangling off the bed. Everything slowly started coming back to you, but you didn't have the courage to say anything either.

"Shoto," you turn to him, "why are you still here?"

"I wanted you to make sure you were okay before I left," he answered. "Recovery Girl said that the most damage you took was from Bakugou's blast." Bakugou winced silently as guilt overcame him once again. "But she said no permanent damage was done. Your back will be sore for a couple days though."

"And Midoriya?" You say. "How's he doing?"

"He'll be fine too. All Might got scolded at for going too hard on you guys," Todoroki added.

You chuckle a little bit, not disagreeing. The smile from your face faded a little bit as you turn your head to Bakugou. "And you? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," he mumbled. The tension in the air was thick and unsettling for all three of you in here.

Taking the hint, Todoroki stood up and grabbed his bag off the floor. "I'll let you two talk. See you tomorrow, Y/n."

"Thanks for staying." You bid him a goodbye and waited until his footsteps were no longer within range.

"Are you mad at me?" Was the first thing Bakugou said.

"I don't know," you answered truthfully, not making eye contact. "You were a completely different person back there."

The boy frowned. "You said you knew what you were getting into when you started liking me," he reminded you.

"So that gives you an excuse to treat me like that?" You raised your voice.

"No!" He answered immediately, leaning forward a little bit. "I was just angry at Deku and-"

"What's new?" You scoff. "You're always angry with him. But I thought that maybe for once you could put that aside— especially when other people are involved."

"I'm working on it," Bakugou said quietly. "I shouldn't have talked you to like that or risk you failing. I'm... sorry..."

You knew apologizing didn't come easy to him, so hearing him say it meant a lot to you. But still, it doesn't change his selfish acts. "I forgive you. I think I always will. No matter how angry I am with you, I'll always come back to you... and that's what I hate."

His body relaxed hearing that you had forgiven him, but he didn't understand the last part. "Hate? What do you mean?" To be honest he didn't try to understand, he heard the word "hate" associated with your feelings and that made him panic.

You finally brought your eyes to look at him. "Sometimes I don't think you understand how much power you have over me. No matter what you do or say, I already know I'm going to forgive you before it even leaves your mouth. I care too much about you and honestly, I'm scared you'll take advantage of that."

It was just like Todoroki had said. "Who do you think has her feelings in the palm of their hand?"

A part of him was angry that you would ever think that. Don't you know how much he cares about you too? "Y/n, I'd never take advantage of your feelings like that. I know I'm not the best at expressing how I feel, but I thought that much was clear already."