f i f t y

edited 28aug21

• chapter 50: sleep with me

It was a struggle.

Hyemi had to hail a cab to bring Seungmin home. Luckily he was half conscious at that moment that he could still walk. He just needed someone to lean on at the moment.

And not to forget, as they walked out from the school, it started raining.

Hyemi blindly searched for the switches while supporting Seungmin with the other hand. She only could switch on one light but that was enough for her to see the living room. "Do you want me to send you to your room?"

He shook his head. "We're drenched."

"About that, I'm going home. Can you take care of yourself?"

Seungmin looked at her with sad eyes. "Already?"

"I mean, I don't have spare clothes and.. and I need to go home to change and I'll.. tell.. Jeongin..? To look after you."

"Why not you?"

Hyemi's face heat up at the close proximity before looking away, gulping silently. "G–go get shower first."

Seungmin took his arm off her and went to his room. A few seconds after he came back with a towel, a maroon sweatshirt and a black slack pants. "The shower's over there." he pointed to a door before the entrance of the kitchen. "And.. don't leave yet. It's raining."

‹›‹›‹›

When she finished showering, Seungmin was already passed out on the couch. She wanted to make a meal for him but the ringing phone cut her off.

It's Seungmin's, and the caller was her mother.

Hyemi panicked and without hesitant she answered the call. "Eomma?"

She heard the woman gasped on the other line. "Where are you now?"

"At Seungmin's," she lowered her voice not wanting to wake him up. "He's having a high fever so I brought him home."

"Oh my god," she sighed in relief. "Why don't you tell me earlier?"

"I left my phone at home."

"How are you gonna return?"

"Uh.. he asked me to stay." her face turned red. "I—"

Suddenly a hand snatched the phone. Hyemi squealed when an arm snaked around her waist. Seungmin brought the phone to his ear. "Hi Ms Jung."

She couldn't hear anything at the other line. That did not matter to her at that moment, the important thing now was why is he huGGING MY WAIST?!

The girl hit his arm and tried to pry his arms off her but failed. Seungmin just scoffed at her attempt with a smile playing on his lips. "Seung—"

"You'll let her stay for the night?"

Her eyes widened. "Eomma!"

"Just bring her phone. She'll wear mine."

"What–"

The call ended.

Seungmin placed his phone on the table. "Your mom's coming only to give your phone."

"What?!" she turned her head to him in disbelief. Seungmin just shrugged and went to the couch, dragging her along by the waist. "Yah Kim Seungmin— hey! Your head is wet!"

The couch was wide enough for two people to lay on. Seungmin didn't seem like want to let her go. He dragged the girl down to the couch and continued to hug her. His legs locked onto hers, preventing her to go anywhere.