f i v e

edited 22aug21

chapter 5: our red cardigans.

Time flies fast. Too fast for my liking. Without me realising it's already the end of the summer break. Tomorrow was our first day school yet here I am, with my two idiotic friends in the shopping mall.

Mia jumped as she seaw a cute clothing display at a clothes shop. She enthusiastically ran into the shop with the bags hanging on her arms.

Heejin shook her head lightly as we followed her. There was a mannequin with a red cardigan over a white shirt that attracted Mia's attention. The girl reached out to the hem of the cardigan to feel the material.

"It's so soft," she sighed dreamily. "And comfy! I can wear this everyday!"

"You have like.. a dozen of cardigans in your closet?" Heejin stated as a question.

Mia nodded. "But this is the most comfy one I've ever seen. I should get it." she said , excited as she called a worker.

"Don't you need to try it on?" I asked.

She shook her head no. "It's just a cardigan," then she stoped for awhile as a female worker is approaching us. "I think we should get it."

Both Heejin and I exchanged glances, worried. When it's Mia who suggests, it's not a pretty good thing. She's a rich shopaholic which means all she wears are expensive as heck. While us, we are just from a mediate class family.

"We?" Heejin said, unsure. "Uh.. I don't think we bring enough money–"

"It's affordable!" she exclaimed, showing us the price. "We will get the promo over there." she pointed to the notice board planted next to the table of the cardigans. It's written '3 for 50,000 won' on the orange paper.

"Please? We never have a match outfits. A cardigan will do." she showed puppy eyes.

"Because you wear expensive things." Heejin joked, taking a step to examine the red cardigan. She then turned to me, silently asking for an answer.

Mia pouted a bit as she took one. Seeing her sad face, I chuckled and picked one too. "Fine."

"Yes!" she cheered, startling the worker beside her. With full happiness flows in her, she hugged both of us tightly before taking the cardigans in our hands and gave it to the worker. "Finally." she grinned.

I wonder when will I wear that.

After purchasing the cardigans we decided to grab some food for lunch. As we are waiting, Heejin spoke up first and it just has to be about school.

Mia and I sighed. Obviously we are not ready for tomorrow. Mia is already searching on wikihow 'how to disappear on the first day of school', knowing it would gives her some stupid ways.

"I'm not in the same class as you guys," I said. "It's sad."

"I haven't checked mine." Mia sheepishly grinned and she opened the school website to check the students' arranged class. While Heejin she's already sipping her newly arrived drink.

"You're in the same class, right?" Heejin asked me and I nodded "Same class as Seungmin again?"

"I guess so." I shrugged. For these past months I tried to ignore my one sided feelings but it doesn't work. He keeps appearing in front of me because we are classmates. And during the summer break, he keeps appearing in my mind. Why can't he just leave me alone?

That sounds wrong. He doesn't even do anything to me.

Mia placed her phone on the table and leaned her back on the seat. "Hyemi is already giving up." she snickered.

I glared at her before pouting a bit. What could I do? It was so hard to approach the guy and being the shy self of Jung Hyemi, I couldn't even comply what Mia had told me before. She insisted on me to talk to him more but I didn't do that.

It's too hard.

"I don't even know how you like him," Heejin wondered. "He's too quiet and only messes around his squad. I've only seen him laughing with his closest friends."

"Jeno told me the same thing." I replied to her. "That's why I gave up. Watching him from afar is a bit easier."

"You sound like a stalker," Mia gave me a weird look. "It's a good thing you don't take pictures of him secretly and save it in your hidden album in your phone."

"Shut up."

Heejin chuckled at the statement. "Tomorrow's gonna lead to a long last year. Are you not going to do anything?"

I'm jealous of my friends here. They already got themselves a boyfriend and they look so happy. Sometimes they would ditch me without them realising but I don't mind about that. What matters is how their boyfriends treat them, making my heart screams in jealousy.

The question Heejin asked is left unanswered when the food comes.

I don't really know if I want to forget this feelings or to try again. If I choose the second one, doesn't it sound like I'm desperate to have Seungmin?

Yes it does.

But forgetting the first guy who catch your heart for a long time is not easy too. Moreover when he is always near around you at school.

I just hope tomorrow will be a good day to start the new phase.

🥀