Engaged

Please vote and support. Thanks 😊

Engagement Day

As decided, the engagement was held on Friday evening. Sam took the day off and slowly started to get ready. Her engagement henna was darkened enough in a night. She wore the saree her mother gave her and got ready. Soon, they reached the venue and she was chatting with Kaushal as Anita and Gayatri walked in. The four of them laughing and having fun. 

During the Pooja, the priest called for the groom-to-be (Harsh). He walked to the stage and the priest asked him to take blessings of both the parents and get changed. He took blessings from his parents as well as Sams parents and went to get changed. After he came back, the priest asked him to sit beside Sam and the rituals were going on smoothly. Both the families decided that their wedding will be held in 6 months after their engagement as it will give them enough time to prepare everything. Their engagement was announced in the most traditional brahmin way.

After a while, Sam went to get ready for the party and so did Harsh. Since her hair wasn't braided for the prayer, she did loose curls and did her hair quickly. She got ready and Niti whistled at her. Sam blushed and turned all the attention to little Aakru by playing with her. 

Harsh was at the stage eager to see his fiancé. The very thought that she was going to be his wife in 6 months was heart warming for him. He felt a bit possessive over her and wanted to stay by her but he reminded himself to put Sams comfort first in place.

Sam walked to the stage with her best friends beside her. She looked everywhere but Harsh. He knew that she was nervous. As soon as she stood across from him, they both looked at each other. Harsh looked if anyone was watching them and once he knew no one was watching, he winked at her. Sam blushes furiously and looked down. She didn't what was wrong with her as she behaved like a love sick puppy. She thought maybe it was the engagement that is playing with her emotions. As soon as their engagement was announced, Harsh and Samaira exchanged rings and everyone cheered for them.

The photographer was taking pictures of the newly engaged couple when Harsh asked "Sam, you are happy with the engagement right?" Sam said "Yeah, I am happy. Everything looks perfect and the decor looks like a dream." Harsh decided to tease her and asked "What about the man you are about to get married. Is he perfect?" Sam smiled and nodded her head. She then remembered that she hadn't told him about her trip and said "Harsh. I totally forgot to tell you something." Harsh raised his eyebrow and she said "I am going on a girls trip with Anita and Gayatri. I wanted Kaushal to join us too but she told me that she was going on a trip with her husband so it will be the three of us" Harsh asked "When are you going and where?" Sam replied "We are going to Dubai in December for 10 days. Should be back for New Years" He slightly held her hands and said "I want your word for something I am about to ask and I will hold on to your words." She was confused but agreed and he said "You will celebrate New Years Eve with me" She interrupted him and said "As in?" He said "As in ring the new year with me at midnight. Deal?" Sam said "I have to ask Amma and Appa for that. If they allow, then I will definitely spend the New Year with you" Harsh agreed and finished the photo session after a few minutes.

After leaving the venue, Sam was looking at the ring in her hand and smiled and admired it. She prayed that everything goes well between from there on and they end up getting married to one another. She prayed to God to make her dream come true.

The next morning Sam woke up to her phone ringing. She groaned and turned away from her phone to sleep a little longer. As she was about to sleep again, her phone started ringing. She was annoyed and answered the call without looking at her screen. Harsh spoke before she could answer. He said "Sam, it's 9 am. Get up. Remember I am taking you to see the apartment. I have been trying to reach you for the last 20 minutes"