Wedding shopping

Samaira's POV

Please vote and support. Thanks 😊

I went to my room as soon as we had our dinner. I texted Harsh to call me. He called me and he said "Is your Chithi around?" I nodded and he sighed. He said "Sam, I didn't talk you for 2 whole days. I really wanted to talk to you and I got upset when your Chithi interrupted us. I am sorry" I smiled at him. It was no one's fault. Chithi wanted to tease and my poor fiancé took it serious. I said "You don't have to be sorry. In fact, Chithi was trying to tease but it didn't work well". Harsh said "Yeah, that was not funny. And I am sorry for hanging up on you, but not sorry for getting upset at your Chithi." I kept a poker face and Harsh slumped his shoulders and said "Talk to me please." I said "Apology accepted. I am sorry but I am very sleepy. The jet lag is hitting me hard today. I should be fine by tomorrow hopefully.I will call you in the morning?" Harsh nodded and soon enough I drifted to sleep.

The next day, I woke up to my thatha doing Pooja. Groaning, I woke up and took a shower immediately. We were going wedding shopping and I got ready quickly. I called Harsh and spoke with him for 5 minutes. I told him I would call him at night and went to the living room. Chithi took a day off from work, so Paati, Chithi, mom, Mami, Vasundra Amma, Niti, Aakru and I will be going to the saree shop. I personally wanted the shopping session to be intimate but then again, mom thought we shouldn't ignore our relatives. So here we are - a group of women buying wedding sarees. Vasundra Amma and my mom went to choose my koorai (bridal) saree meanwhile I was a mess with the ladies here. 

I was given one saree after the other and I didn't know whether to say yes or no. If I had been alone, I would've chosen the sarees in a short span. Luckily, mom came right on time for my rescue and I couldn't be more thankful. Mom calmed me down and said "Sam, calm a iru (be calm) , you got this." I took a moment and I prepared myself to select. We ended up buying 5 beautiful sarees for the wedding including the bridal saree. I spoke to mom previously about surprising Harsh with the reception dress so mom and I decided to not tag Vasundra Amma and Niti. We went to buy sarees for our extended relatives and for my friends. After Niti and Vasundra Amma left, Mami and Paati left too as Paati was tired. So, it was just, mom, Chithi, and I. We went to the local boutique that I searched about.

To say, I was surprised would be a small word. This store was amazing. After buying, the outfit I wanted for the reception, we went to the tailor and gave the measurements. By the time we reached home, I was tired. I sat down in the balcony watching the sunset. Sunset in Chennai is always beautiful. Advay bought some snacks from a stall close to the bridge. We both were chilling and watching sunset. Harsh called and I walked to my room. I don't want the both of us to argue on silly matters so I locked my room door. He spoke in his sleepy voice which I am still getting used to. He asked me "So madam. How was your shopping session? Is it all done?" I said "No ma, I mean clothes shopping is all done but there are other stuff too right. Those will be done this week hopefully, so I am free next week." He hummed and we spoke for ten minutes and then we both hung up.

The rest of the week went in shopping and inviting. I can't wait to sleep. My sleep schedule has been ruined completely. And today morning, dad, Vishnu, Harsh, his father, Adi anna (brother) were arriving too. I am not allowed to go to the airport and I am a little bit upset. 

Dad and Vishnu finally came and I hugged dad. Mama suddenly pulled me from dad and said "Have some shame. You are about to get married in a week. It's high time you stop being close to your dad. Devaki, this girl has no shame" I was shocked at his sudden outburst and tears streamed from my eyes. My dad protectively hugged me and said to mama more like scolded "No matter how old my daughter gets, and even if she is getting married in a week. I am her father and she has all her rights to hug me and I have all rights to be close to my daughter. If you have problem, maybe you start showing affection to your daughter" and walked with me to the living room. Vishnu said to mama "Stay in your limits" and glared at him.

Dad wiped my tears and said "Kanna, you know how your mama is. You shouldn't cry. now come on, cheer up." I nodded and went and washed my face. After a while, I told Vishnu about the cousin reunion from my dad's side and he nodded. 

In the evening, my cousins came home and I organized the terrace so we all could sit in the terrace and enjoy like old times. My eldest cousin, Sriram came and gave me a side hug. He was speaking with me when his cute little son called me. He said "Are you Samaira athai (aunt)?" I caried him on my arms and said "Yes. And you must be the very cute Vishal?" He gave me a toothy grin and nodded. I met my cousins after a long time and we were having so much fun. My cousin Srimathi hugged me and said "Samy, I want to talk to you" I nodded and took her to my room. She sat on the bed and I asked "How was your married life?" She smiled and said "I am very happy. In fact, I wanted to talk to you about it." I smiled and nodded. She said "Listen, about you getting married. I know we had differences in the past suddenly and I..." I held her hands and said "Sri, please. That was in the past and we both were being petty over silliest issues. It doesn't affect me anymore and it shouldn't affect us in any ways". She smiled and said "I know. But what I wanted to say is...Sudha - my cousin- can cause issues at your wedding. I want you to be careful when she's there. Keep your man away from her. You know how she is. She can say dumbest of the dumbest things. She made me and my husband fight during our wedding" I was shocked and said "Really? Oh god." She nodded and I said "Sri, thank you and I will be careful." She said "I will make sure she doesn't cause any issues too. OK?" I nodded and lightly caressed her pregnant belly and said "Pregnancy suits you. When are you due again? " She smiled and said " I still have 4 months to go." I smiled and we ended up talking about our childhood and after a few minutes, she left for home with her husband.

After they left, mom helped in cleaning the terrace. She said "Don't be scared or worried about anything people say." I nodded and she said "Anyway, go and sleep. It's your ulundhu (Making the girl a bride officially)  tomorrow. So you need to sleep." I nodded and went to bed.

Do you think the way Samaira's uncle spoke is right? How was this chapter? Let me know in the comments. And please don't forget to vote and support. Thanks ❤️