New Years

Please vote and support. Thanks 😊

It was New Years Eve and Harsh and his family were coming over for dinner at Sams place. Sam knew it was going to be awkward for her to meet Harsh knowing about her confused feelings for him. She decided to face him regardless and hoped the night wouldn't be awkward for her.

Harsh, on the other hand knew it wasn't just his liking towards Sam and nor the fact that they were engaged. He realized that he was starting to develop feelings for her. He wanted to tell her soon but he decided not that night.

Sam helped her mother with cooking and her father was setting the house. After a while, her mother said "Sam, go take a shower and get ready. They should be here anytime". Sam nodded and went to her room. She took a quick shower and got ready. As it was snowing, she wore a baggy sweater and paired it with jeans. She did a very minimal makeup which consisted of concealer, mascara and lip gloss. She put her hair in a low ponytail and pulled some strands out. Happy with the way she looked, she went to the living room and decided to watch TV for a bit. After a few minutes, she went to her to take her phone. As she took her phone, she heard the doorbell. She knew Harsh and his family have arrived. 

Harsh saw her coming down from upstairs. He never got to see how her room looked. She smiled at him and went to speak with his parents. He was determined to see her room and said "Aunty, I have never seen Sams room. Is it ok if I see her room?" Vasundra gave him a teasing smile and he looked away from her realizing his mother will be teasing him the entire night. Devaki said "Of course you can see. Sam, why don't you show Harsh your room?" Sam nodded and took Harsh with her to show her room. 

Harsh looked around her room. It was smaller compared to his room. But, her room felt cozy and it smelled of Vanilla with a mix of Lavender. He saw she had hung photos of her with her friends, and family. There was her baby picture on a side and some old show pieces. Sam said "My mom bought those. She said it was the very first things that I ever touched" He nodded and said "I like your room. Very cozy" She smiled and said "Yeah, that was my idea. I wanted my room to look cozy and I made sure it looked cozy enough". Harsh wanted to speak more and at that very time, Vishnu walked in. 

Vishnu shook hands with Harsh and said to Sam "Mom was calling for you both and jeez you look short when you stand between us" Harsh laughed at his comment and Sam glared at him. He avoided her glare and decided to join Vishnu in teasing her. He said "You are right Vishnu. She looks short when she stands between us. But she is short in general" and Vishnu laughed and agreed. Sam was glaring at both the men and said "I am not short. My height is perfect" Harsh measured his height and Sams height and said "Very short". Sam huffed and said "You both are very mean" and walked out. Vishnu said to Harsh "Why did you tease my sister by the way?" Harsh was shocked and said "You teased her first and I joined in. What's wrong with that?" Vishnu said "She lets it slide when I say plus I am her brother. I have been teasing her about it since I can remember. You are going to have a hard time trying to make her talk properly to you". Harsh gulped and said "I will make her talk to me before New Years" Vishnu gave him a thumbs up as a sign of good luck and they both went down.

During dinner, Sam sat with her father and ignored Harsh and Vishnu. Vishnu kept copying her which annoyed her. He knew she will lash out at him soon or at the least ask him to stop copying her. Sam was focused on the conversation the parents were having. Harsh on the other hand wanted Sam to look his way but she was ignoring him too. Vishnu said "Sam, I need water. Can you pass me the jar" Sam nodded and Vishnu said "Can you pour it too?" Sam huffed but smiled at him and said "Yeah, sure" and gave him water. Harsh thought it won't be as hard as he thought and decided to initiate a conversation.

After dinner, Harsh informed the parents and took Sam out with him. Sam was quiet the entire ride. He took her to pastry store and they both entered in. He asked her for her choice at the counter and she replied to the cashier that it was only him and she was fine. Later, they both sat and he said "Sam. Talk to me come on." She kept staring at him with a straight face and he said "I will never joke about the height difference. Please talk" Sam smiled and said "So, my trick works on you too" and laughed.

Harsh was unable to understand and said "What trick?" Sam said "The height difference joke doesn't bother me at all. I usually play with Vishnu and he tries hard to make me talk to him and this time, you fell for it too". Harsh said "I feel like you did this purposefully with me. Maybe you wanted to be alone with me" Sam blushed and said "No. That is not the reason. I thought you will do things like Vishnu but you went a step ahead and took me to a pastry shop" and laughed.

After a few minutes, they both for her home to ring the New Years with family. Before going inside, Harsh held Sams wrist and said "Wait. Before we go inside, I have something to give you and I hope you won't scold me for it" Sam was confused and said "What do you mean?" He pulled her closer to him which made Sam look at him with wide eyes. Harsh gently cupped her cheeks and placed a longing kiss on her forehead. Sam automatically closed her eyes at the touch. Harsh said "Advance Happy New Year" and moved back.

Sam blinked her eyes twice and she realized what happened a few seconds before. She blushed and said "Advance Happy New Year to you too" and walked in. Right before midnight, Vasundra made Sam and Harsh sit beside each other. Harsh held Sams hand at midnight and both the families rang the New Years together.

Sam and Harsh's relationship is getting cuter and romantic as time progresses.  How was this chapter? Let me know in the comments. And please don't forget to vote and support. Thanks ❤️