Petty husband

Please vote and support 😊

Amma (Vasundra) and Niti welcomed me to their house by doing my Aarti. Amma took me to the Pooja room and told me to light the diyas. I did and we all did a small prayer. After the prayer, Amma told me "Sam. Come with me" and I followed her. She took me to a room, which then I realized was hers. She made me sit with her on the bed. 

She said "Sam, you are my one and only daughter in-law. I don't have an other son. I mean Adi is my son too but he is Niti's husband first. The relationship you and I are having and will be having should be really smooth. Our relationship should be more like mother and daughter type. I know the transition for a girl to suddenly call an other woman 'Amma' isn't easy and added on to that leaving her everything and being part of a family which she has no clue of can be stressful. You don't have to feel lonely here. Consider me as your mom. I know it will take time but slowly start considering. I will always stand by you. You understand what I am saying right?" I nodded and took her hands in mine. I said "Amma. I understand what you're saying." 

She smiled and continued "Sam, I promise you. I will never be a mother in-law to you. I will be more like a friend and your own mother. In return, all I want is you to communicate with me. Whatever, it is. Good or bad. If we both communicate by sitting and talking face-to-face then we both will have an amazing bond. Our bonding matters too. We both will be the pillars to build our family. I want you to be the pillar of this new family of yours. Will you do that?" I nodded and replied "Amma. I promise you. I will also be a daughter to you rather than being a daughter in-law. I will stand with you like a pillar. I agree with every single word you said". She gently patted my cheeks and stood up. I stood up too and Amma said "Give me a hug. From now on, you are my daughter." I hugged her and said "Thank you for being the best." We broke the hug and went to the living room. 

My parents and my extended family came for lunch. We ordered lunch from outside since it was around 40 people from both the families. After lunch, my family members were leaving which made me sad. I was looking at mom with glossy eyes. Before she could notice, I looked down, so no one can see me crying. Harsh held my hands and gently rubbed them, knowing I was about to cry. Mom came towards me and she said "Amma va paaka maatiya? (Will you not look at mom)" It made me cry and hug her. I hugged her and sobbed like a child. I realized mom was crying too. 

I said "Ma. This is hard. I can't watch you leaving me." She gently rubbed my back. Dad came and joined the hug too. Mom said "Sam, it is going to be ok. You have got an amazing family. I know this part is hard but that's the reality right. I am sad too kutty ma. I am sad too that my kutty ma won't be there with me. But this is how life is." I nodded and she gently wiped my cheeks. Amma came and mom told her "Vasundra, please take of my child. She is my everything. Please take care of her". 

Amma said "Devaki, you don't have to say that to me. She is my daughter now. I will take care of her. Don't worry". Appa backed her up too. Harsh joined them and said "Aunty and uncle, I know how hard it is for you both. And I know it is equally hard for Sam. But trust me, I will take care of her." Dad hugged him when he said that and dad said "She is my little Krishna. Please keep up your promise" Harsh held dads hand and he said "Uncle, I saw my sister when she was married and how my dad was. I understand your point. Trust me when I say this, I will keep Sam happy" making dad smile at him. Appa also said "Ram, Sam will be our daughter too. We will take care of her. Don't worry" and made dad smile.

Harsh came towards me and gave me a side hug. I saw my parents leaving with a sad face. I leaned on Harsh shoulders and saw their car disappearing. Amma said "Let's all take an hour nap or two." Harsh nodded and took me with him.  We went to a room which I assume is his. We entered the room and he locked the door. He said "This is our room until we stay here. Come sit with me" and he sat on the bed. I went and sat beside him.