9. Solution

"Namjoon, I'm not gonna fight you on going to bed! You're clearly tired!" Seokjin yelled, earning a pillow to the face

"Namjoon, I'm not gonna fight you on going to bed! You're clearly tired!" Seokjin yelled, earning a pillow to the face. The little across the room was dressed in a pineapple onesie, pouting and yelling back at the older one with eyes that stuggled to stay open. "What has gotten into you?!"

"Not gon makes me! No! No!" Namjoon was clearly sleepy, but didn't wanna admit that to his meanie caregiver. Not now, not ever!

"Namjoon!" Seokjin yelled, having enough of this. Namjoon curled up a little bit and his eyes widened upon hearing the loud noise. He backed himself into the corner a little and stared at Seokjin, who continued. "That's enough! You're going to go to sleep and when you wake up, I'm not gonna be here if you keep acting like this! I do one nice thing and you think you can walk all over me?!"

Namjoon's lip quivered and he laid down in the corner, his thumb subconciously making it's way to his mouth. He didn't like his baba yelling at him, what did he do? Does Jinnie... hate him? 

He slipped farther into littlespace, sucking on his thumb and babbling to himself to make himself feel better. As Seokjin spoke, Namjoon understood less and less of what he was saying. Those were... big words. Angry words. He couldn't hear the words themself after a while, it just became screaming, screaming that Namjoon couldn't even understand.

It made him feel little, and not in a good way.

Seokjin's face twisted in disgust upon seeing the boy's thumb in his mouth, but then softened as his rant died down. "Namjoon..." Seokjin paused, remembering that site he visited yesterday. Caregivers always said to ask their baby how old they are, it helps gauge their need for help better. "... how old are you, baby?"

The little didn't take the hand out of his mouth. Instead he held up two fingers hesitantly with the other hand, before shaking his head and slowly putting one down. He babbled incoherently to himself as Seokjin stayed in place, thinking.

"No loud." Namjoon murmured amongst the babbles. It's the only words Seokjin could decypher out of the unclear noises. He didn't even realize he was yelling. It just that, sometimes he goes on rants and he raises his voice. 

I wasn't flinging my neck or screaming or anything... right? That usually scares people. Ah shit, did I scare him?

"I'm sorry Na... Joonie. I shouldn't have yelled. You just... kept acting like a brat, and I wasn't prepared for that. So, I lashed out. It... It just felt like you used me, you know?" Seokjin asked, as Namjoon looked up with expectant eyes, as if he were still waiting for Seokjin to speak. The older boy smiled softly. "Nope. Of course you don't know, do you?" He rhetorically asked, which for some reason elicting giggles out of the other. The giggles were more like gurgles, and he took his hand from his mouth to point at Seokjin.

"My baby doesn't understand, does he?" Seokjin said in a funny, mock baby voice, kneeling down to pick up the boy. "Does he? Aw." He cooed. Namjoon immediately nestled into Seokjin's broad chest.

Seokjin had to admit, it was... a task to pick up Namjoon, that's for sure. He's heavy, but if it makes him feel small, then Seokjin could manage it.

"Come on. You've had a long day. We've gotta get to bed, okay?" Seokjin asked his little, who babbled and gurgled more, closing his eyes. He was definitely tired, and him regressing into a younger headspace really could help Seokjin lure him to sleep. Seokjin made sure to use his most soft caregiver voice.

He walked up the stairs and into Namjoon's bedroom, laying him on his bed and pulling the sheets over him. Namjoon nestled into his pillow, before his lip quivered and his eyes looked up expectantly towards Seokjin.

"'tuffies." he muttered. Seokjin nodded, dashing out of the room. He ran downstairs to retrieve the stuffed animals, returning with Koya, Turtle, and Ryan in his arms. Namjoon giggled and hugged them all tightly.

"Goodnight, Joonie. Sweet dreams." Seokjin brushed the hair from Namjoon's eyes, which sadly looked up at him.

"Is baba... no be hewes..." Namjoon asked between inchoerent noises. Seokjin looked down at him with a confused look.

"No. I have to go. I think Jungkook had said that-"

Namjoon grabbed his arm and pulled him downwards suddenly, to which Seokjin pulled away from. He was about to leave, but Namjoon seemed like he didn't want him to leave.

"You want me to stay?" Seokjin asked. The little nodded his head. Seokjin sat on the edge of the bed, before he felt more pulling on his arm.

"No. Nini." Namjoon tugged on Seokjin, who awkwardly laid next to him. Namjoon dove into Seokjin's arms, which made Seokjin blush a little bit.

"Nini, baba." Namjoon's little eyelids lowered until he couldn't open them again. Seokjin smiled- albeit, exaustedly- at the little beside him, who was drifting into a dreamland. Seokjin wanted to fight off sleep. He couldn't stay here, he had other things to do... but unfortunately, he soon followed suit, his head sinking farther into the pillow, as Namjoon held him tighter, with the stuffed animals smushed in between them.

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter, guys. Also... 300 reads?! Holy heckin' cheese puffs, someone really is out there reading this!! I think I'm gonna cry, thank you so much! I put a lot of hard work into Moonchild! <3 - Max