32. Trial and Error (Pt. 1)

"Yoongi

"Yoongi... you wouldn't judge me, would you?" Hoseok ran a hand through his boyfriend's hair as the other hummed a response. Yoongi looked up at his boyfriend with a weird expression before kissing his cheek quickly and turning back to the television, which played some game show that Hoseok was only half-watching. The dorm was empty because the others were out shopping, with the exception of Jimin who recorded something back in the BigHit building.

The summertime air was crisp and flew in through the gentle breeze that the window framed. The sun had started to gone down and usually Hoseok would have convinced Yoongi to "take advantage of the empty space" and the two would have been upstairs in Hoseok's room in a matter of minutes.

That is, if Hoseok's mind wasn't on a more gentle and distracting route tonight.

"Of course not." Yoongi whispered, holding Hoseok's unoccupied hand tight. The other hand froze in place and stopped moving.

"Okay. Just... hear me out. Lately, I've looked at Namjoon and Taehyung and they..." He bit his lip and looked down, removing his hands from Yoongi's head. "... they look so happy. And then I think, well, what if I were to be little sometimes? But then I realize that they have a real reason, and I just wanna have fun. And that if I were to be little, I wouldn't be a real little. You know?" Hoseok closed his eyes, waiting for a disapproving voice to tell him that his thoughts were stupid. "I-I get it if I-"

Instead, Yoongi hugged him tight.

"Yoongi?"

"Hobi, that's okay. I don't know much about this whole thing, but maybe you could try it. Remember, Seokjin mentioned that some people do it for fun. As an escape from stress or just escaping being an adult. And that's valid."

"But, what if they see me as an attention seeker. I don't want that! I don't want them to think I want their attention! I just want to be happier than I am. Because they both s-seem really happy." Hoseok argued, as Yoongi pulled away and leaned back, grabbing Hoseok's hands. "And I'm not all that happy... not lately. Really, I just don't want to be judged by them."

"I'm sure they won't think that you want attention. If you want to try it, I can help you. And if you don't want, nobody needs to know. Ever." Yoongi promised, holding Hoseok's hands. The younger one looked up into Yoongi's eyes and smiled, before unclasping his hands from his boyfriend's and instead hugging him. The two were quiet for a little while as the crickets chirped outside. The summer atmosphere was comforting and Hoseok felt so safe.

"Thank you, Yoon." He whispered, holding onto Yoongi, who hugged him tighter.

"Of course."

——— 🖤 ———

About a week after this conversation, they'd tried it. It was actually easier than expected. Yoongi simply made him feel small. He held him, despite him being small. He'd dressed him in childish clothing and talked in a cooing voice anytime he'd address Hoseok. Hoseok at first started to regret this, but when he let himself go, he was soon a giggling little ball of sunshine that crawled around the dorm, chasing Yoongi happily. His worries in the big world melted away and his head became fuzzy and light. Only a week in and they were well into their caregiver and little dynamic.