18. Playdates and Lies

"Baba!" Namjoon's little socked feet ran across the dorm excitedly

"Baba!" Namjoon's little socked feet ran across the dorm excitedly. In his arms were stuffies and around his neck was his yellow pacifier that Hoseok had put on a necklace. He knocked on Seokjin's door frantically, and Seokjin opened it.

"Yoongi's still asleep sweetie, what is it?" Seokjin whispered, his hair in a cow lick mess on his head. His eyes and lips were puffy and barely open, tiredly asking what Namjoon wanted from him.

"I wan pway wif Tae Tae!!" Namjoon nearly jumped up and down in excitement as Seokjin nodded and pointed across the hall to Taehyung's room door

"Why don't you play in the living room where I can watch you?" Seokjin suggested, wanting to make sure Namjoon was okay if something went wrong.

"No! Wan pway in Tae Tae woom!" Namjoon smiled, pointing to Taehyung's room door as Seokjin's eyes followed.

Seokjin sighed and grinned. "Then, go ahead. You didn't have to ask me, gumdrop. Make sure he's okay with it." 

Namjoon ran to Taehyung's room and knocked on the door rapidly. Taehyung opened up and groggily looked at Namjoon, who explained that he wanted to play. Taehyung nodded, knowing why, and looked past Namjoon and at the oldest who still stood in his doorway.

"I'll take care of him, I promise. We'll be fine, hyung." Taehyung promised as Seokjin narrowed his eyes and closed his room door. Taehyung closed his own behind him and made sure to lock it.

"Tae Tae... chu can be widdle now." Namjoon reminded as soon as the door was closed. Taehyung turned around with a goofy smile on his face and clapped.

"I never hads a pwaymate befores!" Taehyung lisped while Namjoon nodded and brought his pacifier to his lips, then arranging his stuffed animals in a wall-like formation, before looking at Taehyung intently.

Taehyung remembered the times before they had a bigger dorm, when he would share a room with Namjoon. He wondered if Namjoon had been a little back then and if he hid any of his little gear in their shared room. He missed the nights when they'd stay awake and talk to each other in the dark. He missed when they spent more time together.

"I miss being your roommate, Joonie." Taehyung smiled, pulling his box from under his bed, and sitting down on his bottom, letting out a little exerted "oof". Namjoon giggled and reached in the box as soon as Taehyung lifted the box lid.

"Joonie, you has to wait! Ask first!" Taehyung whined, smacking Namjoon's hand away softly. Namjoon pouted and reeled his hand back, saying sorry quietly.

"It okay, but you has to ask next times!" Taehyung reminded, giving Namjoon a hug because he immediately regretted smacking his hand away. "I sorry, Joonie. You wan pway with somfing in here?" He pointed to the box and nudged his hand towards it. Namjoon spat out his pacifier and nodded, remembering what Taehyung just scolded him about.

"... Joonie pwease touch?"

Taehyung nodded proudly as Namjoon dove his hands into the box, excited by the bright crayons and toys inside.

"Oh! Another thing, Joonie! I is your big brother, so you hab wisten to me. Okay?" Taehyung briefed the mentally younger, who nodded and pointed at Taehyung.

"Tae Tae bwofer." Namjoon repeated back, finding a pretty goat plushie to play with. His eyes lit up and he walked it over to meet his own.

"Hey! Tuwtle! Koya! Ryan! Chu has new fwen! Dey names is..." He paused upon the realization that he didn't know the stuffie's name and looked to Taehyung for help. "Wat dey name?"

"Hers name is Bah Bah! Cus that's the sound a goat make!" Taehyung explained.

"Oooooh! Well, she take cawe of Tuwtle an Ryan an Koya cus she Bah Bah an Jinnie name Baba! An he take cawes of me." Namjoon connected, feeling proud of himself. Taehyung's face fell as he frowned.

"Jinnie... He doesn't wike... he..." Taehyung wanted to talk about how he felt like Seokjin didn't like him as much as he liked the other members, but didn't want to tell Namjoon. "Neverminds. Lwet's pway. I hab Nuggie an Tata! An Tata a space awien who be fwens with Nuggie cus Nuggie helped him finds a pwecious thing on Earth that he wanted!"

Namjoon ooh-ed and Taehyung sighed in relief that he didn't have to say anything about Seokjin.

"Wat Tata wan?" Namjoon asked. Taehyung smushed the two stuffies together and smiled, his mouth curling into a box and his face becoming giddy.

"Wove! They wove each ofer!!" Taehyung smiled widely and Namjoon clapped. He liked love stories because he tended to like happy endings. And everyone knows a love story has a happy ending.

The two played for a while, Tata and Nuggie adopting the other stuffies and going on magical adventures together. That is, until Yoongi interrupted the play date with an announcement.

Their hyung cracked open the door and the two littles shrieked until they realized it was Yoongi. They calmed down as he ran his fingers through his dark hair.

"Hey... can you come downstairs, you two? It's sort of important, and we need big space Taehyung and Namjoon with us." Yoongi asked. The two whined at first, but Taehyung got up from his spot and tugged away on the box. Namjoon snatched it back, not understanding why Yoongi came to ruin their fun.

"Joonie, Yoonie says it important! We can pway another time. I promise." Taehyung urged the little, who slowly and suspiciously let go of the box.

"TXT is here to see us. They're working on an album and need some tips. Can you be big and come help us?" Yoongi whispered to the two littles. Immediately, Taehyung was unfocused and out of his little mindset, nodding and starting to pack away his stuffies.

"Yeah, sure hyung. Namjoon? Let's go." He coaxed in his normal voice. Namjoon nodded, but obviously needed a little more time than Taehyung did to return to normal.

"Otay..."

"Give him a minute, hyung, We'll both be down."

Yoongi nodded and left the two upstairs, closing the door behind him. Taehyung held Namjoon's hand as he took deep breaths, returning to the adult world. He nodded at Taehyung, still holding his hand, ready to take on the task in his big headspace.

He couldn't wait until their next play date.

A/N: I don't have much of an authors note to say, but I hope you enjoyed this short chapter. I'm sorry for the short word count. ;-; - Max