20. One Thing at a Time

The doorbell rang and BTS ran to open it

The doorbell rang and BTS ran to open it. Of course, it couldn't be anyone but TXT, considering that they lived in a very secure compound in Seoul, near other celebrities and popular figures. The compound was huge and heavily guarded, so of course they could open their door, trusting whoever was behind it.

And of course, it was five eager boys seeking out help as expected.

"Hello, sunbaenims!" Soobin greeted first, looking at Seokin and Yoongi, who had opened the door first. The others stood behind them, just observing as the others respectfully addressed the older group.

Hueningkai was surprisingly tired, but still greeted the elder performers respectfully. Yoongi and Seokjin made way for TXT to enter the house, them bowing on their way in. Hoseok smiles widely, yelling for the kids to join everyone on the couch. TXT was shy, always surprised by the other team's energy. 

They nervously sat down on the sofa adjacent to BTS. Jungkook, Taehyung, and Jimin were sprawled on each other, tiredly. Seokjin sat in the kitchen at a stool, leaning his arm on the kitchen island. Yoongi stood in the doorway, leaning on it. Namjoon, stoic and admirable as ever, sat up straight, next to an energetic Hoseok who bounced lightly on the seat.

"Sorry we're a little late. Hueningkai was a little bit sleepy and we had trouble leaving." Beomgyu apologized, earning a half-protest whine from their maknae. 

Yoongi cracked a very small smile and placed his hands behind his hips. "Oh, I understand. You have no idea."

None of them knew exactly what Yoongi was talking about, but Taehyung spoke up. "Oh. Well, apologies."

"It's fine. You all needed help from us, right?" Yoongi asked, making TXT nod in response.

"Yes! Some of us are having trouble writing songs. Some of us want to dance to said songs, but we don't even have the songs! And not to mention but some of the music we've been mixing and making has been sounding like one big blur. And I know it sounds stupid, but-" Yeonjun started, speaking quickly.

Yoongi hummed in response, thinking about how to respond, but Namjoon beat him to it. 

"So, take things one at a time. Don't get overwhelmed. We can help with anything you need. I can help write lyrics, J-Hope can work with Yeonjun with the choreography, right?" He looked at Hoseok and pointed from him to Yeonjun, who sat stiffer. Hoseok nodded and shot him finger guns as Namjoon continued. "We all mix the music together, especially Yoongi. He's very good with the composition of songs. So, what do you need help with...."

Soobin sighed and slumped over, beginning to speak. 

"Well..."

——— 🖤 ———

"Well, they seemed grateful for our help." Namjoon sat down in his own studio after the other group left, Seokjin coming in behind him.

"I need Yoongi to look at something real quick." Namjoon pulled up a software on his computer with frequencies and buttons that no rookie at sound mixing could understand at a first glance. "Do you know where he is?"

"Oh. Yoongi-ah went upstairs with Hoseok-ah." Seokjin's voice was nonchalant, but his face spelled disgust. "You can probably figure out what they're doing."

"Gross." Namjoon sighed, turning back to his computer monitor to take care of the sound rendering himself. It was no secret that Yoongi and Hoseok were a thing, but it annoyed the rest of Bangtan that the two thought that they kept their relationship "discreet".

Nothing's discreet about loud moaning at 3 a.m., Hoseok.

"I've gotta work on this song. The sound is okay, but something's missing..." Namjoon tapped his mouse, dragging it across the screen before grumbling and dragging something new along. "This shouldn't take so long. I'll be out soon, go take care of something you need to." Namjoon shooed Seokjin away, and Seokjin bit back the urge to lecture him. He should not be bossing his hyung around like this, but let it slide because Namjoon seemed like he needed time to focus, so the elder member left the room, closing the door behind him.

——— 🖤 ———

"Namjoon-ah?" Seokjin knocked on the door, hours later. Seokjin left a long time ago, but Namjoon never came out. There was no answer, so Seokjin on instinct opened it, in case something was wrong. Namjoon whimpered at his desk, facedown while music samples played off key in the background from his computer speakers.

"Hyung..." Namjoon sounded defeated and sad. He lifted his head and pointed to the computer screen. "Do you see this? Useless. Nothing sounds right. The lyrics are fucking stupid, this comeback is fucking stupid, this song is fucking- UGH!!!!" Namjoon shoved papers off of his surface in frustration, groaning with a strained voice. The papers scattered on the floor and Seokjin read pieces of phrases, wise nonsense that scattered out of order, incomprehensible to read or understand.

Seokjin came behind him and hugged him from behind, and Namjoon stayed silent. He was overwhelmed.

"I don't know what to do. And everyone is counting on me, but I can't get this simple shit done!" He sniffled, turning to face Jin, before burying his face between his neck and chest, trying not to cry from frustration.

"Oh, gumdrop, I wish I could help with something..." It was at times like this that Seokjin wishes he understood music like the others. Times when he'd get down on himself and doubt his abilities. What good was it if he couldn't help their leader?

What good was he, even?

Seokjin held him in his arms tightly, about to ask if Namjoon slipped or not, but Namjoon stopped him as if he could read his mind.

"I don't want to slip." Namjoon whispered, and Seokjin could tell that he really meant it. "Not right now. I just want to feel my emotions as Namjoon."

Seokjin nodded and kept his hands pressing Namjoon's face into his chest softly, tightening their hug. Namjoon breathed in and out deeply, still upset.

"Let's just take things one at a time. You've already made the song composition, right? First, we record Dynamite, then we go from there. How does that sound?" Seokjin's voice was hushed, as he rubbed through Namjoon's blue hair. The younger nodded, humming a response in a low and nearly silent tone.

The two sat in the studio for a long time. Minutes? Hours? They didn't know how long. But Namjoon felt safe in Seokjin's arms, even in his big headspace, knowing he could trust his hyung.

"Just like you said, Namjoon. Take things one at a time. That's all we can do."

That everything would be done in time.

That everything would work out fine.

A/N: Filler for now! What did TXT ask for help with? Your hint is "imagination "; I think I'll elaborate on that later. :) It will get more exciting especially when I write the ON:E concert and things leading up to Dynamite. I have like, four drafts in the works right now, working to update Moonchild as much as I can! Thank you all for your continued support! We've reached 2.4K reads and that's literally so cool!! 🥺💜 I love you guys!! - Max