Chapter 7

PSA THAT IN THIS STORY HARRY IS 22 :))

"That's it. I have to change my account name. There's no way I can keep wroetobog. It's too embarrassing," I say in distress to Maisie on facetime.

"Then change it. It's not a big deal," she said casually, looking up quickly from whatever she had been doing.

"I know, but it's like an end of an era...fuck, imagine if he found out about the-"

"The fanfiction? Yeah, it's probably better if you deleted that account, too," she grinned. She always teased me about it - not to be mean, or anything. Light heartedly.

"Yeah, maybe I should delete it. I have a spare Twitter account, I'll just save the username so it's still mine and then change the original username...this feels weird," I tell her, opening up the app.

"yeah but it'll feel refreshing and all that," she encourages, giving me a genuine smile.

"Right, right, yeah..." I say distractedly, reading through the hundreds of notifications on my phone. Lots of likes, and retweets, also lots of nice comments, but the few mean ones still threw me.

"Eddie? You alright? You went all silent?" She asked, clearly concerned.

"No, yeah, I'm fine," I say, giving her a smile to satisfy her.

I started typing out the new username, getting the other account ready to switch.

It was done.

@eddieparks: new username, new era :)

4 retweets, 1,369 likes

@wroetoshaw has liked your tweet!

@wroetoshaw: Rest in peace wroetobog

83 retweets, 4,982 likes

@eddieparks: lmaooo

1 retweet, 514 likes

"Did you do it?" She questions, staring at me across in the screen.

"Yeah, I did," I said absentmindedly, still smiling over Harry's reply. It was still weird, him being in my notifications, even after meeting him.

"Then why do you look so dazed?" She giggled, returning to what she was doing.

"Do I? Sorry," I apologised, still thinking about Harry. As always. "I've got to go...talk to you later?" I asked, quickly looking up at her.

"Sure. I'll speak to you at the weekend, Ed," she said softly, before ending the call and leaving me alone.

Not a fan anymore?

oh shut up

I'm only joking!

it felt weird and i didn't want to make it weird between us

You always bring that up. It's never been weird

At least not for me

well i definitely am glad to hear that :)

Are you free this weekend?

think so

why??

Sidemen have some new merch coming out. Wondered if you wanted to model it

wait for real??