Chapter 48

liked by wroetoshaw, dylanmead, freyanightingale and others

@eddieparks: 6.12.20 - harry in guernsey

@user1: OMG THEYRE IN GUERNSEY

@user2: ARE YOU MEETING HIS FAMILY I WILL DIE

@eddieparks: i am! pls don't die

@wroetoshaw: I look so good in this picture

@freyanightingale: I miss you already :(

@eddieparks: i'll be back before u know it xx

@r0sielewis: cant wait to meet you!!!!

@eddieparks: me too!!!! <3

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"We landed literally not even five minutes ago," Harry spoke with a smile, after letting me take several photos of him in the rental car.

"Memories," is all I say, turning my phone off and admiring the view around us.

"It's not like I'm going anywhere, you have a whole lifetime with me, at this rate you'll run out of storage before the new year," he teases, subtly referring to how I took photos of him at every opportunity I could grab. Could you blame me, really?

"Taking pictures of you is my favourite hobby," I mumble, resting my arm on the window, enjoying the breeze refreshing my face as we drove through the countryside.

He says nothing but laughs quietly, turning up the music that was previously acting as background noise.

"It's so much nicer than London, here. So relaxing," I say, admiring how fresh everything smelled, how crisp the trees and bushes looked, all of the colours mixing and matching to create a perfect pallet.

"Yeah, it's prettier but London is more exciting. It's nice to be here for a short visit, but when you live here you'll discover that you run out of things to do."

"I'm sure we can stay busy enough for our visit, maybe some trips to the beach with your family or something," I suggest, and he looks ecstatic that I want to spend time with them.

"I've never had to introduce a girlfriend to my family," he reveals, making me look at him curiously. "Katie had been my friend before we dated. You know, school and that. She knew my parents before I asked her out, so it was easier. I'm honestly as scared as you are," he admits, reaching out his hand across the seat, finding mine and intertwining them both.

"Well, you're my first proper boyfriend. You know, I had the short ones in school but they don't really count, so I'm new to this too. We can figure it out together," I reassure him, rubbing my thumb across his hand, hoping it was soothing for him.