Chapter 29

Thanks for 25k! Also, happy belated birthday to Tobi. Enjoy his cameo this chapter :) 

also, i'm pretty sure this fic is going to be a lot longer than my previous ones! we're only just getting started!

psa this is your official warning for smut. it's been a long time coming, i know, i hope it was ok??? lolllll 

I had no idea where we were, but it definitely wasn't Venice. No, we were surrounded by countryside, and not many other cars on the road. The last one I'd seen had been around ten minutes ago, in the opposite direction. 

"We're not staying in Venice, are we?" I ask him, alerting him from the daydream he'd been in for the entirety of the car ride. 

"Not quite," he smirks, outstretching his hand to hold onto mine, giving it a small squeeze. 

"How is it humanly possible to have anymore surprises up your sleeve? You're the least organised person I've ever met," I tease, but lacing my fingers in his. 

"Don't rub it in, dickhead," he replied, smiling before the driver interrupted us, asking us a question in Italian. 

"Si, Grazie!" He replied, literally making my mouth fall open. 

"Since when the fuck did you speak Italian? Why do I know nothing about you?"

"I don't speak Italian, at least not fluently, anyway. Just learnt some phrases for this holiday," he smirked, making my insides turn with butterflies at this new information.

 He'd gone to all that trouble for me. For this holiday. For my birthday. 

"I - you - what?" I stammered, not sure where to look because I knew my cheeks were bright red as I talked. I didn't feel like embarrassing myself today. 

"'S not a big deal," he said, brushing it off, diverting my attention to the fact that the car had stopped outside the biggest house - more like a mansion if I had to tell the truth.

"Do not tell me that's where me and you are staying?" I ask, looking at the house in awe. 

My excitement doesn't last long, however, because Harry promptly replies with, "No, that is not where you and I are staying."

My face dropped, and I tried to hide it with a smile, but I knew there was no masking my disappointment. "Ah well. I'm sure whatever you have pl -"

"It's not where you and I are staying," he continued, taking my hand and walking me towards it, where we stopped outside the door. "It's where all of us are staying," he smiled, knocking on the door, and only seconds later it opened, revealing Dylan, Sam and Freya. 

"You - I - what?" I stuttered, first looking at Harry, but then at Dylan, and then to Freya, and after that I noticed movement behind them, where I found the rest of the Sidemen, with the addition of Talia too. 

"Harry..." 

He wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me towards him, letting me lean into him. "Happy birthday."

"Technically we still have like twelve hours," I correct him, smirking as he rolled his eyes, then turning my attention to Dylan and Freya. 

"So I'm guessing this was why you didn't wanna meet up on my birthday? And why you answered my texts like that this morning?" I ask them, feeling amused now that it was all out in the open. 

"Yes," Sam interjected, "but he also was in a shitty mood this morning because Mr Clever lost his passport at the airport," he said, shoving his shoulder lightly.