Chapter 50

// WOW THANK YOU!!

Big chapter 50! The end is here (well, next chapter)

Big chapter 50! The end is here (well, next chapter). Savour this :)

today will be a double update, so expect another one later on :)
December 30th.

The day was finally here, and I was a block of nerves. You should've seen me - pacing around our apartment for minutes on end, using Harry's jumper rolled up as a stress object, pinching it and burying my face in it to pass the time.

Harry had been out most of the day - filming something with the guys. It was a shit day - absolutely heaving it down in London. I'd used it as a chance to get out of, or at least postpone tonight, but my Dad was insistent on meeting Harry.

He'd booked us a proper fancy table at a highly esteemed restaurant, just because he could (probably because he wanted to show off, not that I would ever say it out loud), and by the looks of it, I was going to have to dress nice.

It felt very much like putting on a show for the night, because it wasn't every day I had to dress different, act different, like I did in front of my parents. And I now had to extend that to Harry, too.

Speaking of, the door to our apartment opened, in walked a soaking Harry, water running down his face from his hair, a guilty look playing on his face.

"Forgot something?" I asked amusedly, pointing to his umbrella hung up on the wall.

"In my defence, it wasn't raining when I left. But yeah, I did forget it," he announced haughtily, tentatively taking his coat off and beginning to hang it up too.

"No!" I shouted, stopping him just before it reached our pristine wall. "It's wet, don't put it against the wall! Hang it on the dryer, give it here, I'll do it," I offer, jogging over and taking it out of his grip. "What are you like? Seriously, I swear you have no common sense."

"What, and you do? Give me a break," he teases, wrapping his soggy arms around me, making me damp as well.

"Harry!" I moan, the sleeves of my top now sticking to my skin because of the moisture. "Go dry off and change! We need to leave in an hour," I say, my tone becoming subtly more serious, the evenings events settling in my mind once more.

"Alright, Ed. Before I do, I can tell you're stressed about it, and I doubt saying don't stress will help, so if you need a distraction, let me know. I've been told I'm good at those," he grins, and it's one of those smiles that just makes you feel warm inside, and it was all mine.

He was my little distraction.

"Noted," I nod, standing on my tip toes, kissing his cheek and wiping some of his wet hair to the side. "I'll get ready when you're done," I whisper, letting him go, so I could sort out his coat. I watched him disappear into our bedroom, the door behind him shutting.