Chapter 3

@wroetobog: today

23 retweets, 822 likes

      @wroetoshaw replied: Oh shit what's today???

              186 retweets, 2,027 likes

Three days had passed since Harry had asked me to be a part of their newest video. I had considered bailing at least ten times, but every time I had doubts, Dylan would there quelling them, telling me that I would regret it if I didn't go.

Deep down inside, I know he was right. Besides, this was what I had always dreamed of! This was everything I had ever wanted, and now, today, I was meeting the man that every girl dreamed of meeting.

Excited was an understatement.

"Dylan! I'm leaving now!" I yelled, not knowing if he heard me or not. He'd been unresponsive in his room after a long night out with his work friends last night. I had no idea what time they had arrived back, but the fact that Dylan wasn't up yet meant it must've been late.

I send him a text saying I've left, knowing he'll check his phone first thing in the morning anyway.

Grabbing the keys I leave the house, venturing out to the garage and unlocking my car. I click on the messages with Harry, copying the address and pasting it into google maps, setting it up and getting on the road.

Ten minutes later, when I'm about to arrive, my heart rate starts to increase. This is really happening. I'm really about to meet him. I open up Twitter, sending him a short message letting him know I've parked up. Immediately his icon starts moving, telling me he's typing. 

Okay! I'm by the back of the car park now, by the building. You should be able to see me :)

This was it. I'd be seeing him in under a minute. Seconds, even. I checked my face in the mirror, climbing out of the car when I felt satisfied, my bag swinging on my shoulder after I locked my car. 

As I turned the corner I caught sight of someone leaning against the side of the building, and everything seemed to stop as I realised it was him. Right there, in front of me. Literally only metres away. 

In the flesh. Stay calm, Eddie. Don't...overreact. 

I could see him waving over to me - was I supposed to wave back???

Don't overthink it. Just...do it. 

I waved back, my pace speeding up in an attempt to greet him faster. 

"Eddie! Hi!" He called out, a huge smile growing on his face. 

I had absolutely not prepared myself to hear him say my name. Of course - of course he would've said my name, but I hadn't even thought about it. It still felt so surreal that he - even knew who I was? 

"Harry - uh, hi!" I greeted, coming to a stop right in front of him, unsure of how to proceed. 

"It's so great to finally meet you...I'm sorry for following you really suddenly...I can appreciate that it was probably very sudden and unexpected," he apologised, scratching his head awkwardly. So he wasn't just awkward in videos...it was in real life too!

"What are you grinning at?" He asked, snapping me right out of my thoughts. 

"Oh...I was just thinking about how you're actually as awkward as everyone says you are," I grinned, the confidence suddenly sprouting from somewhere. 

"Hey! Not fair, you don't get to be mean to me yet. You've only known me less than a minute," he scowled, but we both knew it wasn't that deep. "Wait - you want a pic? You know, to send your friends or post whatever...I, uh, I know Twitter means a lot to you," he said quietly. 

God, his words made me physically melt. This was heaven. I was sure of it. I had to be dreaming, right? 

"Uh - yes! Is that even a question?" I asked, getting my phone out, opening the camera. 

"You don't want a selfie?" He asked, looking confused. 

"I do not look good enough for a selfie right now. Maybe we can take one after the shoot? Lemme take a picture of you by the gate, wait - smile!" 

He did, and I took the photo. I half considered not posting it on Twitter because I wanted it all for myself, but decided against it. If it was another fan, I'd want them to post it so I could add it to my camera roll - speaking of, god forbid he ever saw my camera roll...

I opened up Twitter, astonished to see I had jumped to nearly fourteen thousand followers now...all thanks to him, of course. 

@wroetobog: uuuhhhhh so eddienation has won today lads @wroetoshaw

382 retweets, 4,782 likes

@wroetoshaw liked your tweet!

@wroetoshaw retweeted your tweet!

"That was...a very quick retweet," I observed, looking up at him, impressed. 

"Well yeah, I got a notification for it," he smiled. 

"Oh, makes sense," I agreed, thinking he meant the notification that I tagged him. 

"Surely you get flooded with those, though?"

"No! I only have them on for you, the boys and the group Sidemen account," he replied casually. 

Wait. Did he mean - tweet notifications?

"Oh, cool, cool," I said quietly, not really knowing how to even breathe right now. 

"Oi! You two, hurry up. We're waiting to start," someone's voice yelled from the building, and I instantly recognised it to be Ethan's. I'd been so caught up with meeting Harry that I had forgotten what I had come here to do...and who I was in the presence of. 

Every weekend I waited for Sunday to come, where I would watch the new video...and soon enough I would be in it too....absolutely crazy. 

"Come on then, we should get going," he said, holding the door open and ushering me in, closing the door behind us. 

"Oh,  before we start filming, I'd like to say that as a disclaimer none of us mean what we say - purely for the -"

"-content," I finished. "I know. I've been watching you long enough to know that by now."

"Oh?" He asked, looking surprised as he faced me. 

"And how long is long enough?"

"Long enough means long enough. End of," I smiled, leaving him hanging as I was met with a friendly looking woman, who told me I needed to follow her. 

"I'll see you later, Eddie! It was great meeting you," he called out, and it really had been.