Chapter 42

this chapter is rated mature at the end for all u filthy animals (if u don't like it, feel free to skip xxx)

NOVEMBER 1ST

"I still have no idea what I'm doing with the apartment, and they move out in exactly a month," I say out loud, Harry on my right, editing a video on his computer. I was in his bed, the TV playing something on auto play but I'd lost interest ten or so minutes ago. 

"You told Maisie yet?" Harry asked, still focusing on his computer screen. It was hard to talk to him properly when he was editing, he focused all of his time and attention on making sure it was the best it could be. 

"No. Thanks for the reminder," I drawl sarcastically, but secretly paranoid of how on earth I was supposed to bring it up with her. 

"Just be like, hi Maisie, Dylan is moving out and I'm getting a new place too, so good luck!" He said, mocking my voice, pitching it up to sound more feminine. 

"Fuck off!" I laughed, throwing a pillow at his head, catching him off guard. "I do not sound like that!"

Nah, you're right. Your voice is even higher than that," he teases, chucking the pillow back over his shoulder, missing me and landing just to my left. 

"You ought to be careful, I'll drag up that favour you owe me and get you to wear those hideous sandals out later," I warn him, and he perks up at this. 

"Out later? Where is it exactly we're going? A mysterious date?" He asked, turning round in his chair and rolling towards the bed. 

"Sadly not, we will have to have a rain check on our date...tonight I am going to talk to Maisie, and I'm bringing you with me for moral support."

"Oh, wow, I love my say in this!" He says sarcastically. 

"Well," I scoffed. "You don't have to come, I wouldn't blame you, Maisie is very full on..."

"Stop being a dickhead. I'll come," he agrees, taking off his headphones, launching himself onto his bed, right by my side. 

"Aw, when he stops editing for you," I say with a grin, him rolling his eyes. 

"Only because you're too distracting for me to do any work."

"Me? Distracting you? I think you're mistaken, actually."

"Mhm. I'd like to see you try  edit this for me," he laughed, not expecting me to stare back at him with a smile on my face. 

"See, I think you forget that I used to be a fan of yours. I know how to edit," I say proudly, although, perhaps a little too cockily. 

"Oh really? Go on then, have at it. Edit the last fifteen minutes of the video," he challenged, and he knew how competitive I was, so of course I wasn't going to say no. 

"You'll really keep it in the final video?"

"Absolutely I will. I will also add in a disclaimer saying it's you editing the ending, but I'll leave it all in," he says smugly, but I ignore it, striding over to his chair and putting his headphones on. I could do this. I'd show him I could do it. 

By the time I'd had a decent look at the computer screen, I immediately realised I was way out of my depth. This was way more complicated than a simple video edit, and even then I hadn't used the software in nearly a year. 

"You struggling?" Harry whispered beside my ear, making me jump out of my skin. 

"Don't do that!" I yelled, out of shock. "Fucking idiot," I mumbled under my breath.