Chapter 13

I woke up and thought I got cancelled

I really wish I was joking

My phone was full of my mates telling me to check Twitter

And I was like what the fuck did I tweet when I was drunk last night

So I go onto Twitter, but there's nothing on my profile

So I'm like oh wow okay weird

Then I check your profile

And I see a video of me singing

We are having WORDS Eddie Parks

you are naive to think that video is the worst

i had to actually delete a tweet

Oh no

What did it say????

he's a good kisser

don't ghost me now come back

I'm not ghosting

I am processing

Can you face time?

yes

I wait for his call, and it comes through shortly after. I don't bother fixing my appearance this time, because realistically he's seen me looking worse now. If he was one to judge one's appearance - which he wasn't, he would've ignored me by now.

"Hello," he said simply. I noticed he was still in bed, exactly how I left him. Messy hair, no shirt on, curtains drawn.

"Hello," I replied back, matching his energy on the outside, but on the inside I was completely freaking out.

"So - maybe we should, uh, talk about -"

"- the fact we kissed and the whole world knows? Maybe," I finished.

"Well, that's definitely one way to put it," he laughs, and holy crap his morning voice. How am I meant to process that one?

"Well firstly I would like to take the opportunity to apologise -" I started, but he cut me off.

"Apologise for what? I hope you're not apologising for kissing me," he adds in, sending flutters through my chest.

I had to play it cool. "Nah. I was more apologising for the Twitter thing, but cute you thought it was about the kiss," I teased, watching as he slowly caught on, giving me his infamous eye roll.

"Why did you delete it, though? I wouldn't have minded if you had kept it up," he tells me, and this really blows my mind. He wouldn't mind?

"What do you mean you wouldn't mind?"

"Come on, Eddie. You're smart. I refuse to believe you don't know what I'm telling you."

He was right. I was smart. And I think I did know what he was trying to tell me. I was just having a hard time believing it to be true.

"Hold on, you remember the kiss?"

"Fuck no!" He laughed. "I was off my fucking arse last night, I can't remember anything. But I know that kissing you is not something I'd turn down, that's all," he reveals to me, and I am completely and utterly shocked. Is he being for real right now?

"Wait, you're joking, right?" I ask, trying to express my disbelief.

"I know I can be a dickhead but I'm not cruel. What incentive would I have to lie?" he questioned, and I guess he had a point.

"So you're telling me, you wouldn't have minded kissing me?" I ask one more time. You know, just to be sure.

"No. I'm saying I will never mind kissing you. In fact, it's something I'd quite like to do again," he says simply, and I don't think he's aware of how massive this is for me.

I stare at him, still not entirely convinced he's being for real.

"Eddie? Hello? Are you frozen or something?" I hear him ask, and it takes me a while but eventually I reply.

"Just...super shocked. That's all," I laugh awkwardly.

"Well, I know something that'll make you believe it's true. Give me two seconds..." he trailed off, and by the movement of his phone I could tell he was typing.

@wroetoshaw: @eddieparks believe me now?

12.8k retweets, 67.9k likes

@eddieparks: maybe

"You are absolutely unbelievable! If I was still a fan I would've hated you for being so cryptic," I tell him truthfully. My mind quickly wandered back to all of my online friends from twitter...I hadn't really been interacting with them much anymore, my twitter was a mess, what with all the notifications now. Not to mention, seventy thousand followers strong now.

He clutched at his chest, pretending to be hurt. "You're not a fan anymore? You've hurt my feelings!"

"Oh shut up! You know what I meant!"

"I'm sorry, you're still so easy to mess with, I honestly can't help myself when I'm around you," he says, and we both know the context he meant it in, but we both also know it means something entirely different, and it's kinda scary to think about.