Chapter 39

Sorry for the long wait! This is more of a filler, trying to repair the relationship with Harry and Eddie before something slightly more significant happens later. Enjoy!

This is the outfit I imagine him wearing, also with this hair and the beard.

"Where has my green hoodie gone?" I yelled, storming out of my room after looking through two piles of washing for my favourite piece of clothing

Dylan looked over his shoulder from where he was sat with Sam, looking amused. I looked to his right, and in front of me was Maisie, her mouth wide open as if she was about to say something, dressed in my hoodie.

"Maisie!" I shouted, for what seemed like the millionth time since she'd moved in two days ago.

"That is my name!" She said hopefully, smiling at me, as if to encourage me to not be mad at her.

"That's my jumper! You can't just - take my stuff," I sigh, trying to at least be reasonable.

"it was just lying around!" She protested, throwing her hands up in the air.

"I know for a fact that's a lie. It was in my room, in a pile of clothes I've just put through the wash. You can't just go into my room whenever you feel like it, it's an invasion of privacy," I say, feeling tired from this disagreement already.

"I'm sorry, Ed. I'll put it through the wash again for you, I didn't mean to piss you off," she says quietly, breaking eye contact with me. Immediately, I started to feel guilty, and was about to apologise when Dylan managed to catch my attention. He was shaking his head, motioning back over to her.

I shrugged my shoulders, sending him a look meant to say 'what else am I supposed to do?', starting to call out to her.

"Maisie - it's fine, just - wear the jumper for now and give it back when you're ready. Sorry for shouting, I'm just sort of stressed at the moment."

"Oh, what, like with Harry and that?" She asks, sounding so casual about it. I'd told her the very basics - that him and I were going through a rough patch right now. I did not need her judgement over the cheating, and the drugs - especially not the drugs.

"Yeah, shit with Harry," I say, knowing it would just be easier to agree with her so this conversation would finish quicker.

"Aw, babe. Tell me about it. Being single is so boring, I'm half tempted to ask you to bring me along to meet some of his friends some time," she smiles, as if she's hinting at something.

Absolutely not. No way.

"Most of them have got girlfriend's, Mais," I lie, feeling a pang of guilt as her face scrunches up briefly, before returning to her usual smile.

"That's fine. I'm sure I'll meet someone at some point! Anyway, I'm going to go shower now, so I'll leave your jumper in the bathroom," she says, turning on her heel to walk into the bathroom, leaving me stood in my living room, still amazed at what had just happened.