XXVII

Zoe's Pov

I saw him take out a small black gun. I froze for a second, petrified. I saw Erica instinctively reach for her pepper spray. I was the closest to the man. He pointed the gun at me and clicked the safety off.

I screamed. This guy was crazy.

"What were you guys doing? Tell me now or I'll shoot!" He said in a deep scary voice

"Fine," Mike said, "Shoot us!" He told him putting his hands up

I glared at Mike, what the heck was he doing?!

"But remember murder will put you in jail. Good luck covering up our bodies from the police. And your son." Mike continued

Caleb looked as though he was thinking and I saw his hands loosen just a little on the gun. Erica took the opportunity.

"Close your eyes," She whispered quickly and spared the pepper spray in Caleb's direction.

Some of it got into my eyes. It burnt like crazy. I rubbed them a few times until I could see again. Mike grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the door.

Just as we were leaving a bulky man walked through the doorway.

"What's all commotion in here?"

Ben's Pov

We all ran to the doorway, but before we could leave, someone walked in.

I had no idea who he was. Caleb, still blinded from the pepper spray pointed to where he thought we were and screamed, "Get them!"

The mysterious man nodded and then grabbed me by the arm. I tried to push him away, but he was extremely strong. Then he grabbed Erica. 

But unlike me, Erica could fight.

She grabbed his arm and pulled it forwards. The man tried to pull his arm back. She then let go and the man stumbled backward. Erica kicked him in the nuts and he doubled over for a second. That's when Zoe came in.

She was a decent fighter herself. I tried to help, but I just ended up throwing some weak punches at him here and there.

By then he was away from the door. 

Mike motioned us to come.

Erica stayed distracting him until we were all out. Then she sprayed some pepper spray and ran out to catch up to us.

We all ran out of the house not looking back.

Erica's Pov

I collapsed on Zoe's couch, exhausted.

One by one we all washed up and cleaned ourselves up. By the time I checked the clock it was 1:46.

My dad was probably all packed up and ready. Had he noticed my absence yet?

I finished brushing my hair and went out of the washroom to see Ben and Mike sitting out the couch, talking.

"So do you guys have a plan on how to blackmail him?" I asked, sitting next to Ben

"Ya," Mike told me, "We were thinking of going to him before we meet your stepfather. Then when he promises to back off, we will tell your dad, and everything will be fine."

"Easier said than done," Ben sighed

Zoe, who was in her room called out to us, "Guys, come here!"

We all went over to her. She was on the computer, moving around the robot mouse. He is really mad. After finding out how we deleted all his files. And mostly how we got into his house. I think that man we saw was some type of bodyguard but I am not sure. He also said that he knows where one of us lives, and he is going there right now. He just left," She informed us.

"It's probably Erica's house, right?" Mike said

"Maybe, but I think he would have known Erica is about to move and probably not even in the house. I think he is talking about me. Or maybe Ben and Mike too. But once Justin came over for a science project. Maybe he told his dad where it was taking place." Zoe said looking worried

As if on cue the door rang.

The ringing sound echoed through the house. We all froze.

Sorry guys, that was sort of a short chapter. I will update on the weekend though, and it will be longer :)! Thanks for reading!

-chausafi813