IX

Erica's Pov

I ran way from Mike, Ben, and Zoe, racing towards where I heard the scream. First, the only thing I saw was red. Red blood everywhere. Then, following the trail, I saw an unconscious girl, along with two boys peering closely at her. They were all about my age and I recognized them immediately. 

I knew almost all the names of the people in my school along with there parents and birthdays. I have been working in alphabetical order and I am almost done. The people in front of me were also in my math class. Well, the two boys at least. The unconsciousness one was Jessica Shang, a daughter of a very rich man, and the two boys were Jawaharlal O'Shea and Chip Schacter. They both looked almost all unscathed. Jawaharlal or Jawa was very agile and quick on his feet so he probably easily dodged everything. He also has a great sense of direction. Chip is very strong and is likely able to push almost anything out of his way.

"What happened," I asked

"Well, we're friends with her and we wanted to find as many people as possible to get them out-"

"What do you mean get them out?" I interrupted.

"We found the exit thanks to Jawa," Chip said, "And while we were gathering everyone, we found Jessica."

"And right after we found her, something hit her in the head," Jawa added.

"Also, she was far away, she screamed very loud and started to run to us and then passed out," Chip explained.

"Her wound was really bad and Chip tried to call for help." Jawa put in.

"And you came." Chip finished.

"That's cool," I stated.

While they were telling their life story I had checked Jessica, found out the problem, and was seeing how heavy she was so I could carry her outside. All I really heard from them was how they found the exit. 

"Let's go," I said and started walking. It was hard for me to watch my step and carry Jessica at the same time. But after I had stumbled for the first time, Chip took her from my hands and gently carried her with ease. He did not need to watch his step because Jawa guided him helpfully. Every time something blocked our path Chip pushed it away or broke it. They were a pretty good team, I had to admit. I followed behind trying to remember this path so I could help Ben and everyone get out safely after Jessica was out.

We finally made it to the exit. Ambulances and police cars littered the front of the school. Men came in and out with wounded people in their hands. I breathed in the fresh air and started to choke. Even outside it was hard to breathe with all the dust coming from the school. When Jessica was put in good hands I went back inside to get the others. Then I remembered how easy it was to get to the exit with Cip and Jawa. I hesitantly asked them if they could help me.

Zoe's Pov

We were still waiting for Erica to come back. She was taking so long. It felt like ten days had already passed. We were all sitting next to each other falling to sleep and waking up now and then. We were so thirsty and exhausted. I leaned unto Ben's shoulder and fell to sleep once again.

Ben's Pov 

Someone gasped, it sounded like a girl?

"They were right here!" She seemed genuinely worried

Erica. I knew her voice. 

"Erica," I said softly, my throat felt like it was on fire. I coughed. Of course, she heard though. Her ears were better than an owl's.

"They're here, come."

Someone strong and agile quickly moved the rock and broke some of the small pieces, making a doorway for us while dodging even the tiniest pebbles. As I got I closer look I realized it was not one, but two people. Chip and Jawa. Chip was the stronger one, Jawa was the most agile. I cried in relief.

Erica looked at me madly. Or was it jealously? I quickly saw that it was not me she was glaring at. But Zoe. Her head was fast asleep on my shoulder. I tapped her to wake her up. 

"Oh, hi guys!" She said sleepily

"Can you carry Mike and the rest of us can walk," Erica told Chip

"Follow me!" Jawa said as if we were on a nice field trip.

We finally marched to safety.

I am so sorry for the last update. Thanks for reading guys!! :D

-chausafi813