VII

Ben's Pov

Mike! I heard him scream. I looked around and saw him. Our eyes locked. He let go of the rocks he was holding onto and I knew he was going to fall.

"Mike!" I screamed

He fell backwards grabbing onto nothing but air. Up above us in slow-motion I saw a chuck of the ceiling loosen self from the rest of its self and slowly fall on Mike.

"Mike!" I screamed once more.

"Mike..."

I collapse to the ground Erica holding me

Zoe's Pov

I was trapped.

I screamed for help but no one came.

I sat there for a while as people passed by. None of them cared. All they wanted to do was get out. I pushed the rock with all my might and finally I could squish out. I had bruises everywhere and blood was dipping down me. I saw Mike trapped as well. I could not get him out.

He could not even hear me as I screamed for him.

He had the idea to climb over it though. But It was a bad idea. I was so relived when he had reached the top. I saw he was looking in a certain direction. I followed his eyes and saw Erica and Ben.

Oh no!

He waved to them and fell.

Oh, Mike.

I heard a huge crash and hoped it was not him. Just as he fell I saw a loose rock in the ceiling and knew it was going to fall on him.

I had to help. I climbed up the blockade separating us and jumped over to him, with agility and balance I never knew I had. But it was too late I saw him under the cracked piece of ceiling which hit him the chest. I picked it up and moved it away.

I checked his pulse.

He was alive!

I hugged him and whispered in his ear.

"I will get you out I promise."

Then without looking back I climbed over the rocky mountain in ran to Ben and Erica.

Ben was crying and I heard him repeat over and over,

"Mike, Mike, Mike."

"I am sure he survived," Erica said soothingly but sounded a little unsure herself.

"Erica! Ben!" I shouted. They saw me.

They pushed, I pulled. In a few minutes they were out. We ran to Mike and with all of our strength we made a big enough hole to drag him out.

Erica gasped when she saw him. He was bloody everywhere. His arm is broken, she said. And his back might also be.

He needed help. And fast.

But where in the world was the exit?!