VIII

Erica's Pov

I looked carefully around for an exit. They all seemed to be blocked. I had not been in this school for very long. I closed my eyes and imagined the image of the place I was in before the earthquake.

"Over here!" I yelled.

We ran to what used to be a door, Ben holding Mike.

"We need to move this rock." Zoe said

"There is a door behind it," I finished.

We pushed but there was no use. All of a sudden we heard a ear pitching scream. A girl. It was followed by a boy's voice shouting,

"Help!"

I turned around.

"I will go you guys keep pushing. I will be back as soon as possible."

Without waiting for a reply I took off.

Ben's Pov

Erica ran away surprisingly fast. Now it was only Zoe, Unconscious Mike, and I.

We continued to try to move the rock, but it seemed impossible. Just then I heard another blood curdling scream.

Erica's scream! I panicked. I had to go after her. I put Mike on a rock and got ready to sprint. But before I could even start Zoe grabbed me.

"Don't move," she hissed.

"Zoe let me go!"

She had a very good grip and only tightened it.

"Stop."

How could she. Erica could be dying and she did not even care. As I looked closely at her I saw she was looking up. I glanced up as well.

There was a gigantic crack in what was left of the ceiling. Zoe was holding me back to protect me. But at that moment I did not care. I needed to protect Erica. Now!

But she held her grip.

Just than there was a huge boom. The biggest I have heard so far, which said a lot. Dust went everywhere, up my nose, into my mouth, on my eyes temporarily blinding me. I coughed. Zoe released me and started coughing as well. I teared the bottom of my pants and covered my mouth and Mike's with it. I would use my shirt but Erica had it. Zoe did the same.

I heard things hitting the ground and clouds of dust erupted everywhere. Zoe and I huddled together next to Mike. Hoping nothing would hit us. The ceiling seemed to cave in and sharp pieces stabbed me everywhere. Mike woke up, choking.

We helped him and tried to tell him what was going on. But he looked at us with dazed eyes and blacked out once more.

I think I did as well because next thing I new there was no more dust and I could finally see. Zoe was looking at me concerned. I managed to smile at her to show her that I was okay.

We dusted ourselves off and realized that we were trapped once more.

"Why did you not let me go to Erica?" I said to Zoe

"Because you were going to die! The ceiling would have caved in on you."

"Well I could have made it across and helped Erica. She could be dead by now!"

"Stop dwelling on the past Ben. At least here we are safe."

"Safe! You call this safe! We are trapped in the middle of an avalanche, and are probably going to die from the falling pieces of the school, or from dehydration!"

"Calm down Ben, we will figure this out!"

"I am calm!" I screamed

"And there in no we! I am taking Mike and getting out of here!"

"Well good luck with that, she said and sat down. She looked exhausted. I was as well. I angerly sat down and pouted. I thought of what she said. I knew I was wrong. I probably would have died, or have been badly injured if I had left. And also we should probably stick together.

"Sorry," I said not looking at her.

"What did you say?" she said a small smile on her lips.

"Sorry! Ok? I am sorry!"

"Apology accepted."

Hope you like Love Trouble so far! Thanks for reading.