I

Ben's POV

Ring Ring!

 My alarm went off at exactly 5:10 am, which left me 3 hours and 40 minutes to ensure that I am ready for the first day of school. I texted my best friend, Mike, right away. 

Ben: Ready for the first day of school??

I then showered, brushed my teeth, made my bed, and then went to my desk to review my work. We barely got any homework over the summer, but I had asked for extra. I piled up my work into neat stacks. Soon I got a reply from Mike:

Mike: Bruh, it's like 5 in the morning, school literally starts at 9

I sighed. He usually wakes up at 8:30 which only leaves him half an hour to get ready for school and complete his homework. Oh, wait. He never asked for extra homework. I doubt he even did his three assignments.

Anyways, I neatly placed my homework in my school bag and went downstairs to eat breakfast.

Mike's POV

I groaned as my phone made an annoying beep. I rolled over, only to forget how small my bed was, and fell right off. I jumped back on my bed rubbing my sore back. I reached for my phone and saw Ben had texted me. I responded with a quick text, then shoved my covers back on. I rolled my eyes and made a mental note to prank him today. Then I remembered that literally nothing ever stayed in my head so that won't work whatsoever. I immediately fell asleep, again.

At 7:30 am my alarm rang. I surprisingly remembered that if I hit the snooze button twice I could just make it to the bus. 

After the last hour of precious sleep, I quickly slipped on some clothes (that smelt decent), combed my hair (a battle I can never win), put on some deodorant, and walked downstairs, almost forgetting my phone.

I went back upstairs to fetch my phone. Another annoying beep came out of it. I really have to change that sound, I thought as I walked over to my bedside table.

Ben: Don't forget your phone

That guy knows me way too well. 

Mike: No I did not

Ben: Suuurreeee

Ben: Also don't forget your Summer Homework. It's the three assignments thing

Mike: It's in my bag already

I replied, knowing certainly well he won't fall for it. 

Ben: Of course it is 🙄

Mike: Well better go catch the bus. Meet u there

Ben: Already there, hurry up

I went to my desk and sorted through the mess of crumpled papers. I picked up three that looked like they could be the Summer Break Assignments. I mean what does the teacher expect? No kid is doing homework in summer, well except for Ben. I shoved the wrinkled papers into my bag and heard a rip. Nothing some tape can't fix, I thought. 

I checked my watch and saw I have three more minutes until the bus arrives. I raced downstairs, grabbed a juice box and an apple, then hurried to the bus stop and made it just in time. 

Well not really in time, Ben was talking to the driver. Thank goodness, that if he were not there, I would've been screwed. He saw me and relief washed over his face. 

"There you are! Five more seconds and I swear that the bus driver would've kicked me off the bus."

"What were you doing?" I asked.

"Saving the bus for you, stupid," he replied.

"Thanks, I guess?"

"Mhm."

I decided to ask some questions to Ben about our first day of high school.

"So what's your least favorite thing about high school?" I began.

"Well I heard that Zoe girl is going to be there," he said, his forehead creasing.

"Her again!? She is so freakin' annoying!"

"I know right?"

"Remember when she spilled her orange juice all over you?"

"Of course I do"

Then the bus pulled to a stop. 

The first day of High School, here we come! 

I hoped you liked the first chapter. I know if you are a Zoe fan you might be thinking why do they hate her so much, but you will soon see. Also, comment on who you are more like: Ben or Mike? Bye for now!

-Spy Society