IV

Ben's Pov

I arrived at the bus stop 10 minutes early. I sat on a rock and began to practice some math. People started to arrive and then the bus came, then Mike.

On the bus, Zoe slowly walked on. She must have just started taking the bus. Mike and I both glared at her but she just smiled back. But it was different this time. Not a smirk, but a genuine smile. Mike looked mad and turned away

"Maybe we should give her another chance."

"Remember what she did to me last year!" He whisper-yelled

I was surprised. Mike never brought that up.

"Yes, I do."

"Well, I can never forgive her for that."

"Ok, fine."

Once Mike made up his mind, there was no way to change it. He was just that stubborn.

Mike's Pov

A few days have passed and Erica and I have been getting closer. I invited her to my house sometimes but, a lot of times she looked sad, and when she sees me looking at her, she tries to cover it up.

I always wondered why.

Zoe and Erica were friends so after a few weeks I learned to tolerate her. She was actually not that bad. She apologized for last year and we became friends. I started to notice that I sort of liked her. She was very pretty and nice. I felt like I was betraying Erica though, so I never tried anything.

On the way back home I told Ben about Zoe.

"Zoe and I are friends now."

"Since when?"

"Well Erica hangs out with her and she is not that bad."

"What about how you can never forgive her."

"Well, she apologized so, now it's cool."

"Whatever."

"Are you still mad about how she spilt juice on you yesterday?"

"She did it on purpose!"

"She apologized!"

"Only to make it look like an accident."

"Fine," I said ending it.

The bus pulled to a stop and I got off and walked home, leaving Ben behind.