V

Mike's Pov

And remember please watch out for any earthquakes and stay safe! We will give you another update at 3:00.

My mom was watching the news as I stuffed some pancakes in my mouth and ran to the bus.

"Hey," I said to Ben

"Hi."

We weren't 100% cool with each other I could tell, but we were not really fighting either. Kind of like the agree - to - disagree thing.

"Hear about the earthquake thing?" He started

"Ya, it's probably not going hit though."

"You never know."

"Ya, I guess."

The bus pulled to a stop and I hopped out. Ben and I went to the gym and sat down, waiting for the morning assembly to start.

"Look Josh, another earthquake hit near the north mall."

"That's so close to us."

Just then the principal came and took his place on the stage.

"So I know we are all worried about the earthquake," He started

"But not to worry nothing bad will-"

Just then as if the earth was proving him wrong, the whole ground shook.

I feel on top of Ben and blacked out.

Ben's Pov

Mike fell on top of me and I panicked. I checked his pulse and thankfully he was fine. The school was panicking as the principal tried to calm everyone down. Just a huge block of the ceiling hit Mr. Smith in the head. He fell over.

That's when everyone went crazy.

I got pushed and shoved and hit and bumped. I held Mike tight.

"Wake up, wake up!"

Mike stayed still. I grabbed the nearest water bottle and dumped it on him. He gasped for air and looked at me.

"What happened?!"

I replied with one word-

"Earthquake."

He panicked as I tried to calm him down. He yelled jibberish and finally I got him to slow down and speak English.

"Ok first Ben, why am I all wet?" 

"I spilled water on you to wake you up."

"Umm.. ok."

"And now what are we going to do?"

"I don't know Mike."

" I stood up and took a few steps away from Mike looking for an exit or something. Just then another piece of the ceiling fell. This time it was between Mike and me.

We were separated.

"Mike?"

"Ya, Ben."

"We are separated"

"No kidding"

"Can you find a way out?"

"No, I am trapped."

"Stay there I'll get help"

Before he said anything out I ran forwards, hands overhead hoping to find help.

And luckily, that just what I found.