XI

Mike's POV

I was aching all over. This sucks. I longed for someone to distract me, so I could get my mind off how much my body hurts. It was my head and back the most. The doctor has been coming in and out and doing a lot of random stuff on me.

"Mike," He said

"Yep."

"How do you feel?"

"Fine."

He raised one eyebrow

"Just fine?"

How many more questions, I thought.

"Yep," I said once more.

He did some stuff to my back and then told me to get some rest. Like that can ever happen with all this pain. I tried to close my eyes and fall asleep. When I opened my eyes, I saw Zoe was standing shyly at the door.

"Hey," I said

"Hi," She replied

"How are you feeling?"

"Good. What about you?"

"Same."

She looked really pretty. Her messy hair and messed up makeup did not bother me. She looked as nice as ever. Wait. Please don't say now I like her too.

Zoe's POV

I was bored. After getting permission from the doctors, I was allowed to visit my friends down the hall. I thought of going to Erica but my legs had a mind of its own and I ended up in Mike's room. I immediately blushed, suddenly really shy and self-conscious. His shirt was off and he had a nice tan. I lingered at the doorway, he opened his eyes and saw me staring.

"Hey." He said.

"Hi," I smiled

"How are you feeling?"

"Good. What about you?"

"Same."

"But do you want to come in so we can have a proper conversation or are you just going to stay at the doorway?" He added

I felt my face go red as I walked into the room and sat inside the chair next to him.

"So..." He stated

"Tell me everything that happened when I was out."

I knew he was talking about the earthquake, so I started to fill him in.

Erica's POV

After a day I felt ready to walk again. I stood up, my legs wobbly. I had injured my ankle, but it was not too bad. The little cuts around my body hurt the most. It was where the glass and rocks jammed inside my skin were taken out. They hurt a lot. I walked over to Mike's room and sat beside him.

"Hi," I began

"Hello."

"How have you been holding up?"

"Not bad, not bad. You?"

We talked for about five minutes.

"Erica?"

"Yes?"

"How come you came?"

"Umm... I wanted to see how you were."

"And..."

"And what?"

"I can tell you want to say something."

I raised my eyebrows

"Say it," He pressed on

"Well, I am kinda... sorta... maybe-"

It was his turn to raise his eyebrows

"Kinda sorta maybe what?"

"Maybe... I might be over you?"

"Is that a question?"

"Umm..."

"Can I tell you something? I am kinda sorta maybe over you as well."

"Really, ok phew."

"You thought you were going to break my heart?"

I blushed

"Kinda sorta maybe."

He laughed and I joined in.

But of course at that moment Ben came in.

Ben's POV

I pleaded to go to Mike's room.

"Please!!"

"Ben, your arm is not-"

"I will be careful please!"

"Fine, but only twenty minutes."

"Thankyouthankyouthankyou!"

I quickly went to Mike's room before she could change her mind.

"Hey, Mike you will never guess-"

He looked at me startled. Erica was beside him. They looked like they had just been laughing. Erica was very close to Mike. I felt protective of her. Then I felt mad and betrayed. Okay maybe I was overreacting but after every day of seeing Mike and Erica together before the earthquake, I could not take it. Erica said she like ME. Not Mike. Was she lying!?

"Oh, sorry. Am I interrupting something?" I had a fake smile on.

"Ben it's not what it loo-"

"It never is, am I right," I interrupted Erica, sharply.

"Ben listen Erica just-"

"Just what decided to come to you instead of me and sit next to you so close an-"

"Chill Ben she just told me she does not like-like me!"

"Yeah and now- wait what?"

"I told him I am over him and like you now."

I felt so embarrassed. I wanted to sink into the floor. They probably realized it and quickly changed the subject.

"So what will your ship name be Erica and Ben?" He asked with a smile

"Umm... Een?" I thought aloud.

We laughed

"No Berica!" Said Erica.

"That sounds like it was meant to be. Berica." I said happily