XII

Ben's POV

The website was now partially ready, the last step was to show Erica's Dad. Before we did though, I texted Erica.

Erica

Ben: Hi

Erica: hello

Ben: Has your dad changed his mind yet?

Erica: no:(

Ben: His name is Alexander, right?

Erica: that's my dad's name, i'm talking about my stepdad. my parents divorced a long time ago and my mother remarried.

Erica: my stepdad is very strict. i have never liked him, alexander would have let me choose any school I wanted.

Ben: Oh. Your stepdad's name is Dylan, right?

Erica: yep

Ben: We're still hanging out later today, right?

Erica: mhm

Ben: Cool

Erica: i gtg sry

Ben: Bye

I quickly texted Mike and Zoe and if they knew that we were talking about Erica's stepdad the whole time. They both did. Well, time for phase two.

Mike's POV

Now that we made the perfect website, it was time to show Erica's stepdad. We may or may not have hacked into his computer. We put it in the 'recommend websites' on his browser, so he was sure to come across it. I finished the final touches on the fake comments.

"Perfect!" Zoe said.

Now, it was time to wait. The day we were going back to school was creeping closer and closer. Hopefully, Dylan sees the website before it starts. To pass time, I started to text in our group chat.

Fire Breathing Duckies🐥🔥

Mike: hey guys!

Ben: Hi

Mike: soooo hows berica doing on this nice day?

Ben: Good, how's Zike?

Zoe: u guys are weirdos

Mike: thnx you very much

Zoe: np

Ben: You guys need help

Erica: 🤣

Mike: lmao

And on it went. After a while, I texted just Zoe and Ben, in a separate group chat, making sure everything was going as plan. We didn't want to tell Erica in case she spills the beans, or in a more likely case, she tries to talk us out of it.

Ben's POV

Berica and Zike were officially official! Our parents knew about it. And soon will the school. Once, we make sure Erica's coming, that is. Just then, a new text message from Erica came up in our group chat.

Fire Breathing Duckies🐥🔥

Erica: Big news guys. You won't' ever guess what my dad just told me-