XIX

Ben's POV

"Hi," I said, walking into Mike's room.

"Hey," Mike replied.

"Hello," Zoe said.

"Where's Erica?" I asked.

"She's busy so we're probably going to meet up with her later," Zoe replied.

"Don't you guys feel like Erica's been really.. down lately?" I asked.

"Ya. And I don't blame her. I mean she's moving halfway across the world and going to be leaving us behind if she does.  Do you expect her to be happy?" Zoe said, looking sad.

"Good point," I said.

"Well, are you guys thinking what I'm thinking?" Mike asked, a grin spreading.

"Is that something to do with cheese?" I joked, the mood already beginning to lighten.

"Probably," Zoe laughed.

Mike frowned at us.

"No, but for real," He said with a smile.

"I have no idea," I said.

Zoe nodded in agreement.

"We can do this," Mike said showing us his phone.

"Wow- I mean.. I don't know..." Zoe said, just the slightest bit shocked.

"Oh, c'mon guys it'll be fun!" Mike persisted.

"I'm in," I said.

"Ok fine," Zoe answered.

Erica's POV

I was watching some junk on YouTube when a text message popped up from Ben.

Ben

Ben: Meet me at the park. 8 o'clock, sharp.

I was a little confused. Usually, his messages were more specific. Like why, who else was going to be there, etc... I glanced at my watch. It was 6:18. I stood up from my bed and began to get ready.

I quickly tied my hair back and slipped on a dark outfit, it sort of represented how I felt these days.

Sad. 

Depressed. 

Hurt.

After having packed my bag, containing my phone, some hair ties and a few other useful things, I headed out. 

It was pretty dark outside but with the moonlight, it was decent enough. I walked to the bench where Ben would be sitting there, waiting for me. The bench was empty though. 

Weird, I thought. 

Just then someone came up behind me. Before I could react, they blindfolded me and shoved me into a car. They were definitely not gentle with all of this, but not too hard either. 

We drove for about five minutes. I sat silently, knowing that if I thrashed around it would get me nowhere.

Finally, they moved me out of the car and started guiding me down where I thought was a room. The person, I deduced, holding and who drove me was a boy. He held my shoulders tight and steered me this way and that.

In a swift move, I turned around and kicked him as hard as I could in the crutch. I could feel him double over with a groan.

I felt a hand removing the blindfold I had on. My eyes had to take a few minutes before fully adjusting. I saw Zoe holding a party popper and Ben in front of me, the blindfold that was just on me in his hand. Mike was on the floor, his face full of pain.