Chapter 9: Time with Carmelita

The Next Morning...

Royce wakes up before Carmelita, takes all his medication and then starts his and Carmelita's day by making himself and her breakfast.

Royce: "Maybe I should make something for Carmelita that DOESN'T involve heat? How bout some simple toast? Yeah, toast. I mean she'll understand seeing yesterday's incident, right? Awe screw it, I'm making us a small breakfast!"

Carmelita: "Who are you talking to," Carmelita wakes up to hearing as she gets up and out of bed before rubbing her eyes, "and what are you cooking this time?"

Royce: "Just simple toast, with choice of either margarine or butter. Or maybe plain? It's up to you Carmelita."

Carmelita then goes towards the toaster and waits for the bread to pop up from the toaster.

Carmelita then looks at her landlord with sluggish eyes and tells him "It feels so different living with someone now. Instead of alone."

Royce: "You use to live alone?"

Carmelita: "Yes, why you ask?"

Royce: "As your friend, not as your landlord, I was and am curious, that's all."

Carmelita: "Well... I did before I got kicked out due to the whole time traveling business."

Royce: "Okay, okay. Uh..."

Carmelita then begins to notice Royce starts to blush.

Carmelita: "Royce, is there something wrong? Are you okay? Is there something on me?"

Royce: "Carmelita," Royce blushes even harder now, "Will you go on a date with me?"

Carmelita: "Why do want to go on a date with me? I mean we just met what, yesterday?"

Royce: "Yes."

Carmelita: "Do you even know how old I am?"

Royce: "Your Form says 40."

Carmelita: "And you are a human. You're not motivated by what species you're dating or anything like that?"

Royce: "WHAT?! No!! Why would~ never mind... Carmelita, would you go on a date with me, please?"

Carmelita: "Where do you plan on taking me?"

This in turn made Royce think that she said yes.