Chapter Seventeen: A Hotel Stop

Ok so have some English speakers in this chapter. Sorry if it gets confusing. Bold words are in English, including if a Korean character says anything also.

Enjoy 💚 have some virtual tissues and a hug 🧸🧻
--
Squinting through the layers of salted tears and heavy raindrops that had begun to fall, Jimin realised he wasn't entirely sure where he'd ended up. He body still shook from Jungkook's reaction, his fingers trembling uncontrollably as he tightened them around his slim frame to evade the increasing chill flushing across his exposed skin. He regretted not grabbing a hoodie before running out.

"Oh gosh..." he spluttered, his words causing flecks of waterdroplets to splatter in front of his eyes from the thickening sheets of rain. A chill ean down his spine and his feet finally stumbled to a halt, "Oh my gosh...Oh-" The lump that had slowly begun forming in his chest as he had run had now reached his throat, tightening and constricting around his windpipe, drawing flickering white splotches into his vision as he struggled to breathe.

He doubled over, grasping his knees tightly and heaving desperately for air. He knew around him the few people who had ventured out into the rain were watching curiously, but he didn't care. He'd rather be able to breathe than faint from lack of oxygen.
Once he was certain his breathing had returned to normal, he stood up and looked around, wiping the mixture of uncontrollable tears and heavy raindroplets from his eyes in some attempt to figure out where he was.

He knew he was at risk of lowering into the folds of hypothermia. He could see the thick wafts of condensation billowing from his mouth each time he breathed out heavily, his teeth were already chattering and his skin felt like ice. But around him, he realised with dismay he had few options. About to logically assess his decision, he heard his name called out across the street.
Fuck. Knowing Bang PD would never forgive him if his emotional, immature venture outside the dorm hit KPop media news, he simply let his legs carry him to the nearest building in his sight.

His body collided with the entrance door and he stumbled loudly into warmth, flailing his arms in some desperate attempt to catch himself before meeting the marbled floor. No such luck. Pain jolted across his knees as he fell. And slowly, the lump in his throat began to grow again.
"Park Jimin?" With wide eyes he scrabbled to his feet, stumbling back in panic. But as his adrenaline pumped state slowly cleared, he realised he needn't have been scared.
It was the receptionist from the hotel he and Jungkook had been at... Wait-
Looking around more carefully, he realised he'd stumbled into the same hotel. He'd run that far?

The lobby was virtually empty, much to his relief. The only occupants there were a couple huddled onto a sofa, giving him concerned side glances and a European family who the receptionist was tending to at the front desk. The two parents of three kids watched him in hesitant shock, their eyes wide at the intrusion. At the sight of their shock, Jimin simply slumped back onto the floor and sobbed.

---
"Jimin-ah!" Taehyung screamed into the darkness, his feet pounding up the darkening road in pursuit of the distressed dancer. He'd caught sight of him momentarily when his best friend had stopped at a junction and doubled over, sobbing profusely. He'd called out, but the singer had raced off in a whirlwind of panic.

Now he did not know where he was. His chest burned with intense pain, each breath he took emitting a sound of high pitched weasing as he struggled to continue. Jimin had been running for half an hour and Taehyung knew he did not have the same overwhelming drive of adrenaline coarsing through him that the contemporary dancer had. His feet ached, his face frozen from the horrendous weather and he knew it would be a miracle if he pulled through this night without developing some sort of illness.