Chapter Nineteen: The Manila Incident

You all are lovely people and literally make me smile so much. I don't usually do dedications on chapters, but this is dedicated to all of you readers 💚

---

Jimin had been in trouble a lot during his short life. Whether from parents, or teachers or trainers... He'd had his fair share of getting yelled at. But honestly? Right now, seated on an uncomfortable chair in Bang PD's office as he timidly looked upon the fatherly figure himself, he didn't think he'd ever been in more trouble in his life.

"What were you thinking?!" The contemporary dancer winced at the man's loud yell. This was the third time he'd asked that. They had already spent an hour explaining how reckless Jimin had been, how him running out could have sparked career destroying rumours and he had no right to sabotage them like that. "Even for your love life!" PD-nim had sighed in intense frustration. But Jimin knew the CEO wasn't angry for the sake of losing money, or losing personal face... Or as far as he had just been told anyway.

Perhaps more than anyone, Bang PD knew how fiercely BTS had fought for where they were now, and how violently they were fighting to continue. Not only would it break him, but it would also break the band if one reckless slip up cost them everything they'd been building up to. And the older man didn't wish to see those who he had practically adopted as his own, hurt in any way.

Although he was now yelling angrily at one if the youngster's, when he had first got the call the night before telling him Jimin had gone missing, promptly followed by Taehyung, his first thought hadn't been the media, or the money, or his reputation. It hadn't even been concern for BTS' reputation. It had been Jimin and Taehyung. The first thing he had done was to prepare one of the medics on the team for possibly needing to rush out with security as they collected the boys. The moment they'd arrived at the dorm, they had not been able to sleep until Namjoon had assured Bang PD profusely that both maknae line singers were fine. They both had high temperatures from the cold, but were otherwise fine.

"You cannot let your relationship impact BTS Jimin."
"But he shut me out-"
"-This is your career-!"
"-He is my lover!"
"So you would quit BTS if it meant you could be with him?"
His question caused Jimin to splutter to a halt. What...?
"Jimin you've work immensely hard to get where you are today. Your dream was to be a singer and here you are, before me, as a rising Kpop Idol. I understand Jungkook means a lot to you. But don't let that sabotage the dream you swore to me that you wanted to fight for..."
A cold chill raced down Jimin's spine. His voice trembled, "Are you making me choose between BTS and Jungkook?"

But to his relief, an expression of shock flooded onto Bang PD' s face. Then he sighed and his irritated scowl returned, "No, no yet anyway. But think about it... If you and Jungkook let us help you keep safe and you follow the damn rules Jimin... not only will you have your dream career, showing those doubters that BTS are not simply any Kpop group... But you'll also be that person beside the man you say you love."

It was not a few minutes longer that Jimin was finally able to leave. But he could not get Bang PD's parting words out of his head. "Jimin, I'll say this only once because I'd hate for it to be reality. But if your relationship starts becoming too big an issue, I will prioritise the future of BTS over your love life."

And that thought terrified him.

***
Jimin winced, resisting the urge to squint in irritation at the bright flashes flickering across his blurred vision. He hadn't had a good nights sleep since the argument. A lot of things had happened and his throat was still hoarse from yelling.
He could hear the calling of the cameras, see them beckoning him to look their way, yelling out questions about their next performance in Manila. But his mind was far from the present.