Chapter XIV

September and October passed within a blink of an eye. November arrived. The autumn breeze blew over Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Professor Trelawney had predicted that the quest would start in November. Subaru and Yume met almost every single day because they were the leads in this one. They could make, or break the entire mission.

"It's very weird," Yume began a conversation with the boy, while sitting on the grass in the school courtyard. "It's been almost a month since Ako last received flowers from her admirer. If he really likes her, he should continue giving her flowers every day." She pouted. "However, I have to admit I am a little jealous of her."

Subaru gave her a confused look, "Why would you be jealous?" Yume twirled a strand of hair on her finger, giving a thoughtful look, "I think it would be nice to receive flowers too!" 

The boy nodded making a mental note. "But I don't know anyone one who would give me them...," sulking she hit Subaru's arm, "Ako is so lucky, but seriously I wonder why her secret admirer stopped..." The boy shrugged in response.

"Anyways, what should we do for the quest?"

"Well...we'll definitely have to be prepared and you're a muggle born right?" Yume slowly nodded, "Does that mean I'll have to be a little more careful?"

Subaru sighed, "It seems the Malfoy's are coming back. Although the dark lord was defeated, I guess the next generation of Malfoys hates Muggle-borns like their an—"

"Got it, they're gonna target me the most, because I'm a Muggle born, right? Okay, so we're going to be super cautious. We're definitely gonna need help. The prophecy says there would be ten people, after all."

Okay, she's smart. Lesson learned. Don't underestimate the power of a Muggle-Born, Subaru told himself in his brain.

"Of course, the two of us won't be able to stop such a force."

"And that's where friends come in handy, Subaru." 

The two teens turned around to see Nozomu and Koharu walking towards them. Yume was happy to see her friend.

"Yume told us everything before you met up with her. Of course I'll be glad to help you both, Subaru." Nozomu smiled. "I'm your friend after all, Yume. Friends should help each other when in need." 

Yume smiled in relief, glad that somebody was there to help her. "Thanks, guys. Let's work as a team, then. Let's go, Fighting!"

***

The next day, Yume walked into her first class, Charms, with Koharu. She raised an eyebrow when she noticed everybody surrounding her usual spot in class. "What's going on?" She asked approaching the cluster.

Koharu looked over and grinned, "Lookz like z'ere are flowerz for you." 

Yume's eyes widen as she looked at the desk. Sitting on top was a small bouquet of light pink roses along with an envelope addressed to her. She gestured for other students to mind their own business and gracefully sat down at her desk. She lifts up the bouquet and the fragrance of the pink roses envelope her. Koharu sits down subtlety besides her trying not to ruin the moment. In anticipation, Yume reached for the envelope and carefully opened it. 

Hi Yume~
I heard from the other day how you wanted flowers like your friend. I've decided to grace you with some light pink roses — a symbol of friendship. Now I like to consider us to be friends and I hope you do too. Please accept these roses as a gift and I hope you have a great day ahead.

Love from,
Your secret admirer.

P.S. Maybe we could be more than just friends?