Chapter III

That coming Saturday, The Saotomes decided to head over to London to shop for Hogwarts school supplies, and brought Yume along with them. Although the two girls couldn't help but marvel at the bustling streets and captivating sweets displayed in shop windows, they had to speed up their pace because they honestly had a lot to buy.

First, the girls headed towards a second-hand bookstore, where Yume and Ako gladly sold all their books used in Orford's. They then arrived at a uniform shop, and sold their uniforms and sportswear. In the meantime, Ako's father sold all the girls' worn out casual wear. It may sound weird, but it was the Saotomes' plan — they wanted to get rid of everything related to Orfords' as a new start to the girls' lives, and they wanted to earn more money by selling unused items so that they could buy more things in the Alley.

After earning a fortune in just an hour, they went to a Muggle department store, where they spent almost all the money they had successfully obtained on buying trunks and regular casual wear for the girls. They also bought little hair accessories, keychains and Muggle stationery, such as pencils and ball pens, on Ako's request. 

Lunch was eaten very quickly, and the girls headed to the famous Diagon Alley to buy the items they need for their new school. However, the first shop they headed to was Gringotts. There were three obvious reasons why — exchanging the Muggle Pounds the Nijinos had given the Saotomes into Galleons, Sickles and Knuts, establishing Yume's Gringotts bank account and for the Saotomes to retrieve their well-earned money so that the lavish family could buy all the things they want.

Mrs. Saotome accompanied Yume to Madam Malkins' so that she could buy her new school uniforms. However, Mr. Saotome disagreed with Ako buying hers in the same shop, and therefore brought his daughter to Twilfitt and Tattings so that she could wear the most expensive uniforms. The uniform shopping took almost an hour to complete, and so Mrs. Saotome took Yume to the shop next to Madam Malkins instantly after she bought the uniforms so that she could buy her stationery in Amanuensis Quills, while Mr. Saotome and Ako went for their quill shopping at Scribbulus'.

They met at the place where Fortescue used to sell his ice cream, now a new coffee shop named "EYZ Cafe". After ordering takeaway crepes as their afternoon tea, the two girls walked hand in hand towards Flourish and Blotts while munching on their crepes to buy their school books. Mr. Saotome had disappeared — he was at Whizz Hard Books, buying supplementary exercises and Hogwarts past papers for his daughter to do in her spare time, since he wanted his daughter to be top her class all the time.

Ako Saotome was already gifted with a magical pet of her own — a cat named 'Melody' on her tenth birthday. However, Yume Nijino, a Muggle-born, did not. Therefore, Mrs. Saotome asked her daughter to wait outside Sugarplum's Sweet Shop while they shop for an owl.

"What should I buy for my brother and sister..."

The auburn-haired girl spotted a girl her age having difficulty finding the muffin of her choice. The new girl was extremely good-looking. Her long, wavy dirty-blonde hair was tied in a high half ponytail, which had purple and orange streaks made of hair extensions, that went down her hair. Her bangs were neatly tucked behind her long wavy forelocks, not covering the girl's purple irises. However, her dress attire was kept simple — a white short-sleeved polo shirt underneath a knee-length navy dress, with a lavender bow on her collar.

Her confident, regal but mysterious aura made Ako very curious about who she was. She looked very familiar, but Ako just couldn't remember where she had seen the 'new girl' before.

"Hello. I'm Ako. Ako Saotome." She stepped up and introduced herself to the new girl. "I'm currently shopping for my new first-year school supplies for September. What's your name?"

The new girl regarded her with interest. "I'm looking for something to eat with my brother and sister. I'm Mahiru, by the way, the younger sister of the legendary Slytherin cheerleader, Yozora Kasumi. I also going to join Hogwarts as a first year student. Our parents are business partners, you know? I've always wanted to meet you personally. "

"Nice to meet you, Mahiru!" Ako greeted energetically. "Let's be friends! I'm sure that we'll be good acquaintances when we meet again this coming September!"

Mahiru gladly held out her hand for Ako to firmly grasp it as a sign of their new friendship. Ako did the same, with a big smile, but before the two girls successfully exchanged their handshake, a third walked over, a cold glare obviously gestured towards Ako on her face. Ako Saotome knew who the newcomer was at first glance — the cheerleader whom only lead the Slytherins to victory, both on the Quidditch field and the Hogwarts House Cup, the one and only Yozora Kasumi.

"Ahem!" Yozora let out a cough. "Have you picked our muffins yet, Mahriu?" She turned towards her sister. Mahiru gave her a quick nod. "It was nice to meet you, Ako, but it's time for my sister and I to continue our shopping. See you in Hogwarts!"

Ako was too mesmerised by Yozora's appearance that she did not hear what Mahiru said. The cheerleader had her long, straight dark hair tied the same way and had the same hair accessories as her younger sister, Mahiru, but she chose a more mature yet comfortable outfit to wear. And Ako wanted to dress like that so badly.

"Oh!" She suddenly woke up from her fantasy. "Bye!" She waved, until she heard, "Ako! Come here and meet my new pet owl!"

Yume proudly held a cage containing snowy white owl. "I decided to call it Yuria."

"Hi, Yuria!" Ako giggled as she said 'hello'.

The two girls had a lot of things to chat about as they held hands and went towards their last destination — Ollivander's. 

AN : This was not the best chapter we had in store but still let us know how you think about this chapter in the comments <3

Until next time~