Chapter I

Early July 2019, 7:15 am

"There once was a boy named Harry, who was destined to be a star. His parents were killed by Voldemort who gave him a lightning sc—"

"Not you singing the Harry Potter Fan-made Theme Song again!"

Yume Nijino stopped as she heard her best friend intolerably shrieking, closing her eyes as she prepared herself for a big lecture. "I've been trying to concentrate on studying for the ten minutes that we were on this bus, but alas! I have failed yet again because of your horrible singing voice. Please stop, or else my parents would blame you for my bad results. I'm sure you do not want to terminate our friendship, don't you?"

"O-Of course I don't, Ako! I will shut myself up now!" The blonde girl bit her lip and quickly replied to avoid said girl's anger. She was a lion when her rage unleashed, in contrast to the blonde - kind, sweet and likeable. Many classmates have wondered why two girls with very opposing personalities and views could be the best of friends, and frankly, they didn't know too, for they have been acquaintances ever since primary school and they couldn't remember everything from five years ago.

"Very good." Came the cool, sharp reply from the one next to her.

"Orford Primary School!" Said the bus driver.

And the two girls walked side by side without saying a word, walking to their shared classroom.

***

"And the top of the class goes to..."

The whole class went silent as Miss Martha Bennett, otherwise known as 'Moody Martha' for her perfectionism and coldness to all students, even the brightest ones, inspired by one of the characters in the popular children's book series, Horrid Henry which many British children loved dearly.

"Ako Saotome, once again as always. Why won't you all improve? I'm tired of seeing the same girl topping the class every year. To Miss Saotome, very well done indeed."

The class grumbled in envy as the brunette flipped her auburn hair and standing straight, cat-walked towards the teachers' desk with confidence and elegance. "Thank you, Miss Bennett." She curtsied politely and retrieved her report card with both hands, then walked back,  As expected, there weren't even Bs in it. Only As.

Other students glared at her. She set the bar so high, than nobody had broken her record of having a hundred percent in math.

"And now let's turn our subject back to coordinates."

***

Yume sighed as she rushed out of her last class towards the school courtyard, where her best friend was waiting for her. Seeing that her emerald eyes were staring at her angrily, she ran briskly to the tree they've promised to meet up.

"You took a lot longer than usual. The bus has left and we need to wait for fifteen minutes due to your ineffectiveness!" The girl sniffed, holding her nose high in the air, tapping her fingers on her watch. "My driver isn't going to pick us up today, and we need to wait thanks to you! I need to meet up with my parents— we're having dinner with the mayor this evening!" She rolled her eyes, which to Yume, something a lady wouldn't do.

"B-But Jasmine wanted to know when our next dictation is and I was answering her queries!" Yume attempted her very best to explain, but failed, seeing a scoff coming out of her friend.

"Who told her not to pay attention in class, then?" She snapped. "Don't help these people next time, because tomorrow they're not gonna listen to the teacher and then ask you once more. You're too kind, girl, and look, that's a very big problem! Thirty-fifth in her exam out of the forty pupils in our class, huh? She should reflect on her behaviour in class instead!"

"Let's go before Jasmine hears what you're saying about her, shall we?" Yume was looking a little embarrassed. Pupils on their Northeast side were looking at their direction curiously, and she flushed and nodded her head in their direction apologetically.

"Sure." Saotome jeered in response.

***

There wasn't anything special to note of during the bus ride home from school. And strangely, the compartment was more quiet than ever — not even the grade school children made a noise.

After getting off, the girls began their walk to their respective houses. They lived close to each other, and Ako was about to drop her bestie off at her house when she noticed something strange at the Nijinos' house. She swore that she had seen those two people standing at the front door before. With tall hats and old-fashioned robes, they looked like... Harry Potter characters, that's what!

"Why are those people here at my home?" The blonde pointed a short, chubby finger at the two visitors. "I've never seen them before. They shouldn't be my parents' colleagues, nor is it Halloween today. It's only the beginning of July isn't it?"

Ako hummed in agreement as they hurried up their steps to ensure everything was fine.

"Mum! Dad! What's wrong?" Yume questioned as soon as she arrived at the front door. But the two strange people had already disappeared. Was it only her imagination? Hope so. However she didn't think so. There was no way her brain would be tricking her.

"We have something to tell you, dear. You are a witch, and you've just been accepted into Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry."

"What?!"

The two girls covered their mouths in shock.

***

Hello dear readers welcome to the first chapter of our crossover! Hope you have enjoyed it and make sure to stay tuned! It's not the best chapter, but it'll get better by time!

Drop a vote before you leave!

Momoka and Starlight-chan ♡♡