Chapter XXXX

30 minutes ago...

Aria approached the blonde and patted her on the shoulder. She glanced at the unconscious boy laying besides her. "He's gonna be fine." she reassured and knelt down next to the boy, taking out some cold towels from a white box next to her, putting one on his forehead.

Yume shook her head and sobbed. "How can he be fine?" She asked. "Did you see the damage he took?"

Aria smiled and placed a hand on the brunette's chest. "We're in the Wizarding world. Right now, I'm sure I can keep him alive. Maybe not in perfect condition, but good enough for us to move him around." She said, then started chanting a few healing spells.

Yume looked at her friend skeptically. "But it was the killing curse! There's no way he could survive it! Only one person has been able to survive it in what? A thousand years, perhaps!"

Aria paused the healing. "If it was the killing curse, let me tell that it seemed that he has survived. Even though he is in a very vital condition right now, his heart is still beating and he's still breathing. Not without some difficulty of course, but he is alive." She grabbed Yume's hands and placed them on the boys chest, "See? You can feel it beat right?"

Yume nodded and Aria noticed tears sliding down the blonde's face. "He'll wake up, right?"

"There's no telling," Aria answered. "All we can do is hope and try our best to accommodate him as he is."

"I'm very worried for him." Yume whispered and grabbed the boys hand, giving it a light kiss.

"I am too." Aria stood up and brushed her robes. "Let's carry him to the infirmary, he'll be better rested there."

Yume nodded and followed the younger girl's actions. The duo then hooked their arms under Subaru's limp body and lift him up. They carried him to the infirmary with some difficulty, but managed to bring him there safely. "Ako was with me before you came," Yume stated as she tuckd Subaru into the infirmary beds, "She ran off to help Kanata though."

Aria nodded and brought a wet cloth to clean up the wounds. "Well, she should be helping, to be honest. I think they're doing fine right now, but the longer we leave them there, the more drained they'll be."

"We better get back there quickly, then." Yume replied, glancing at Subaru. Seeing her nervousness, Aria grabbed her hand and squeezed it. "He'll be okay, we've got to help Kanata and Ako now."

Yume did not seem too pleased by her friend's words, but knew she was right. "Of course." The two walked out of the infirmary and made their way back to the entrance.

"Look! Rei's dueling with a first-year!" Aria and Yume snapped their in head in the direction the voice came from. Suddenly, people started flocking from all directions, trying to observe. 

"Can you see anything?" Yume yelled, jumping up on her tippy toes.

Aria shook her head, "Not really, but I'm pretty sure Ako's the first-year everyone's buzzing about."

Yume keeps jumping up and down, as she noticed something. "Hey, Aria! Look! They've only been attacking Rei from the front. What if we stun her from the back? She won't have anyone to tell her because everyone's amazed by our friend's skills."

"That sounds good!" Aria nodded, excited. "Why don't you start approaching her? I'll give you a signal." Aria watched as the strawberry blonde girl mades her way to the back, bypassing the huge crowd. She then pushed her way closer to the battle to get a clearer scene. As soon as she spotted Kanata and Ako distracting Rei from the front, she looked up at the sky with a smile, thankful for the work her friends had done. She silently thanked the two in her head before nodding at the strawberry-blonde girl. It was time.