Chapter XXXIII

Under the early glow of the sun, an owl hovered outside a certain Hufflepuff's window. It started to peck, and peck, and peck, until the student furiously pushed the window open.

"Who is it!" She yelled sluggishly, while looking around. Her blonde hair was sticking up in every direction, while bags hung below her eyes. Sticking her head out the window, she looked around to find nothing but an owl. Subaru's owl, which he named it Stefan. A heavy weight fell on her shoulder.

"Gosh, it was just you." Yume sighed, closing the window while making her way back to her bed, owl perched on top of her. "How can I help you this early in the morning?"

The owl hooted and dropped a letter. The letter fluttered down, landing softly on the bed. Yume picked the letter up in confusion whilst thanking it for the delivery. A soft smile appeared on her face as she noticed her name being written at the top of the parchment in a familiar handwriting. She opened it slowly, so that the letter didn't get ruined.

Good Morning Yume~

How was your sleep? Did you dream of me? Because I did dream of you last night~
I know it is early, but this is urgent. As soon as you can, please meet me at the doors in front of the Grand Hall. Koharu and Asahi just got back this morning with results. See you there boiled octopus~ (I know you blushed once while reading this)

Love,
Subaru

Yume dropped the letter feeling a little more awake and happy. With the thought of seeing her friend Koharu in mind, she rushed to change and sprinted out the tower. She noticed a group of people clustered around inside the hall eating breakfast, and raced towards them.

"Boiled octopus, you're late." Said an all-too-familiar voice.

Yume almost swooned at it, but stopped herself. She pouted sadly and crossed her arms, "I am not! You never specified what time and I got here as quick as I could. I literally ran to where you are standing as soon as I got the letter."

Subaru chuckled and ruffled the girl's hair, "But you're the last to come among us."

Yume ignored the statement and turns to the happy couple next to them. "I missed you two so much," she said and hugged them. Koharu and Asahi giggled and returned the gesture. "I missed you too, Yume!" Replied Koharu.

"You didn't miss me? I'm jealous." Subaru said once again, arms opening.

Breaking the hug, Yume rolled her eyes and headed towards the boy. She leaned into the boy's embrace and silently let herself be pulled in. The familiar smell of chocolate surrounded her and she sighed, breathing it in. "Of course I did," she whispered so only Subaru could hear her. The boy pulled her closer at that and nuzzled her head, a sign of his affection.

"Hold up!" Another voice said, interrupting the moment. "Did we miss something?"

"Of course you did, Laura!" Aria laughed, a sly smile playing on her lips. "Nozomu and I helped them get together."

"No fair!" Accused Laura. "I was basically with you the whole time last week."

Asahi clapped. "I can't believe our two captains are now dating! I really want KanAko to sail!" He exclaimed. Mahiru nodded. "As her roommate, I can confirm that Ako has been really unhappy recently. I wish Kanata will recover soon. This way, she will feel content and energised." She said.  

"Talking about Ako," Yume looked up at her boyfriend as Subaru wrapped a protective arm around her waist, "where is she, by the way?"

Mahiru sighed. "She has been alone in her room for most of the time. She looked really depressed. And today, I saw her eating breakfast with Tsubasa and some other big girls. Judging by the look on her face, she was a lot happier." She said. "By the way, aren't you two supposed to find out what poisoned Kanata?"

Koharu jerked her head towards Hogsmeade Village, where many students were spending the Sunday in. "It isn't our job. The Muggle doctors are trying their best. We've visited him in l'hôpital. The doctors say that they are doing their best. However, we know who did it."

Subaru's sapphire blue eyes twinkled with excitement. "Is it Rei?" He asked, and Koharu nodded. 

"They figured it out in less than two hours." A new voice chimed in. Karen Kamishiro was smiling proudly at the eight teenagers. The students greeted her politely, however only Yume noticed the dark circles underneath her eyes. "Wow!" She turned her attention back to her fellow companions. "Koharu must've been really good at science when she was studying in her Muggle school!"

Frowning, Aria cocked her head to the side and asked only one word. "How?"

"Well," explained Karen, "they decided to check Rei and Yurika's DNA first since she was the closest suspect. Asahi, though, was very upset when he knew it wasn't Marcus Clifford."

Said Hufflepuff nodded, pride showing on his face. "Koharu's really smart!" He complimented his lover.

"Of course she is!" Yume snuck a glance at Koharu, and noticed her fellow Hufflepuff blushing. "And we have hints of another relationship in progress!" She giddily exclaimed.  "Aria! Was it your work yet again?"

Aria shook her head. "I didn't. They got together by themselves."

The teens heard a loud noise coming from Yume. The first-year blushed as the sound came from her belly.

"I'm hungry! Let's eat lunch first before deciding what to do with Rei!"

***

The teens sat down and had a picnic lunch, relaxing on the lush green grass and enjoying the sunlight shining on them. Yume had whipped up bowls of chicken salad and servings of ham sandwiches for her teammates. And Karen.

"I really love your cooking, Yume."  Subaru muttered, more to himself than to her. He pressed his forehead against her arm, and grinned mischievously as she gently patted his head, like he was a five year-old.

Koharu giggled. "You'll have a lot of chances later Subaru." She said. "As her boyfriend, you can enjoy her delectable home-cooked meals every day. You're lucky." Nozomu laughed and clapped. "He likes to eat a lot." He added.

Just as the teens were taking pleasure from their lunch, they heard a very familiar voice.

"Guys!"

***

Hello! Now that you know Rei is the person behind (poor) Kanata's coma, this story is almost coming to an end! Hmmm... Which of the four ships haven't confessed yet? That's right! The NozomuxAria contents are still in progress, and we hope you like it when it comes out!