Chapter XXXII

Yume Nijino stared at the dazzling sunset. There were surely a lot of new things for her brain to digest. 

Including...

***   

After cleaning up their picnic (and the mess they made), the six pupils started making their way back to Hogwarts. They passed by the school library, where Yume stopped and turned towards her companions. "Everybody knows what they're doing?" 

"Yup!" Aria answered, bringing an arm up to a salute. "I'll go around finding Slytherins, then." She giggled.

"And I'll do the same." Nozomu answered, tucking his two hands into his robes. 

Mahiru rolled her eyes. "I know what I'm doing this time. Slytherin House is my home. These people are my second family. I'll get them over. Somehow. I know I can, at least, with my sister's influence." Laura nodded in agreement. 

"Sounds good!" Yume beamed and then placed her hands on her hips, "Subaru and I will stay in the library so A, he can finish his homework, and B, so that we can do some more research. We will join you guys later." 

Subaru nodded his head solemnly in agreement, while the others giggled. 

"Well, we better get going then, it's gonna take a long time." Aria says, linking arms with Nozomu. "See you soon!" She waved before the two headed towards the Ravenclaw dormitories - Mahiru and Laura were already out of eyeshot. 

Subaru and Yume watched as the figures slowly faded into the distance, but before they completely disappeared, Nozomu turned around with a playful grin on his face. "Hey! Don't forget to let me copy your homework later!" 

"I will, my friend!" Subaru yelled back and Nozomu rolled his eyes teasingly, before catching up with Aria's pace. 

Yume shot the young man a tense glare. "Didn't I tell you not to let others copy your homework?"

"It's not like I want to, but it'll be like that sometimes." 

"Whatever." Yume muttered and pushed the door open to the library. "You better finish your assignments quickly, because I need your help." 

"Yes Ma'am!" Subaru said teasingly and sauntered in after her, his blue eyes twinkling under the dim candlelight. 

"Don't Ma'am me."

"Sorry~" 

The two students found an empty corner when they could peacefully settle down and do their own separate tasks in peace. Unwillingly, Subaru slumped down in a chair, and started his work. 

Meanwhile, Yume wandered around the library, trying to find a few books that would be most likely to help her. When she returned, Subaru eyed the pile of books and pushed his essay aside. "I'll help you look through them. Together, we can work even faster. Now that Ako and Kanata are both absent from our quest, and Koharu and Asahi are in London, we need to speed up with work."

Yume stopped him. "Oh no you don't! You better finish your homework first before doing anything else!" 

"Fine." Subaru sighed and refocused on his essay. 

Yume smiled, nodding in approval before something caught her eyes. A piece of paper was peeking out of one of Subaru's textbooks. Usually, that wouldn't pique the girl's attention, but this time, the corner of the paper that stuck out had Dear Yume written on it. And if that didn't wasn't suspicious, what else would be, then?

Carefully, her hand maneuvered towards the book and she pulled the piece of paper out, ever so slowly. Thank god Subaru actually listened to her this time and was totally zoned in on writing his essay. With the piece of paper in her hand, she propped up one of the books she brought to cover her work space, just in case Subaru looked up and found that she was not doing her work at all. With the paper now in her possession, she quickly read over it, before her face bloomed into a shade of bright red.