Chapter XLI

Yume ran and ran, desperate to keep up with Rei. She watched as the silver haired girl swished in front of her, legs running faster than her, and a hand clutching a wand. They were nearing the Dark Forest. Yume knew that going there would be a step closer to death, so she had to say something.

"Rei!" She yelled, before the older girl disappeared into the forest. 

The older girl turned around with a wide grin on her face, stepping slightly out of the forest. "We meet again, Miss Njino." 

"You think you can distract the others, but you can't trick me!" Yume said, grimly. "If you change yourself for the better, I'm sure we can fix your problem, whatever it is."

"You're just creating confusion!" Rei smirked. "I won't fall into your little trap, and therefore, I refuse to speak without my lawyer." She rolled her eyes. 

Yume broke off her words. "There isn't a lawyer at Hogwarts. If you insist, then you'll be trapped in the dungeons until he or she comes." 

Rei only snickered. "So pure, so innocent indeed. How can you prove to your dear professors that I'm guilty? I'm afraid I saw none of them at the battlefield, loser." She raised her wand, casting the conjunctivitis curse on Yume. 

Yume's sight was affected by the curse, and therefore, her wand fell to the ground, snapping into two. She ran forward, snatched Rei's wand and kicked her in the stomach. As the elder girl fell onto the ground with a 'thump', she took out a gun from her pocket, raising it. 

"Don't you dare!" Yume shrieked. She immediately grabbed Rei's ankle and pinned the Head Girl's limbs down as she attempted to shoot. 

"You can easily get an 'Outstanding' in potions, but when it comes to physical combat, I bet a 'Troll' is what you deserve." Yume commented, a dry smile on her face, watching Rei's struggle

A shot rang towards the air. Relieved Rei wasn't shooting at her, she quickly used her legs to kick the gun away from the other, then with Rei's wand, she summoned a rope. Tying it around the elder's feet, she took the gun and pointed it at the elder. "Who's the loser now?" 

The blonde quickly looked around, trying to locate her teammates. She knew Mahiru, Ako and Kanata were helping Laura to the medics, Aria was doing first-aid treatment and Subaru-- 

She frowned, remembering what happened to her boyfriend. Wait... Where have Nozomu, Asahi and Koharu gone? Are they looking for me? Or are they facing difficulties with persuading the teachers?

She didn't even hesitated for a second to start looking for the other two -- at least it would be nice to receive some help, or to help someone. After all, Rei's feet were tied up now. She couldn't walk, so she couldn't escape. Right?

However, she underestimated Rei's power. Greatly. 

Throwing the gun towards somewhere far away, she hoped it could hurt no more souls like her. Humming a tune, the blonde decided to make her way towards the castle, away from the Dark Forest, leaving Rei 'unattended'. On her way, though, Rei managed to grab on Yume's ankle and yanked, causing her to land on her face. She crawled towards the younger and grabbed one arm, then slung the younger over her head. 

Yume landed hard, her back grazing the sharp stones, making her bruise and wince in pain. She stood up, trying to run away, but Rei soon crawled on top of her, pinning her to the ground. Her back hit the uneven ground once more, knocking the breath out of her. Coughing, she eyed that her robes and clothes were now torn, slightly exposing her training bra.

"You can't escape now!" Rei snickered. "That was nothing, Nijino. You have greatly underestimated what I can do. I have mastered the art of kendo and karate during my time at Hogwarts, while you're just a volleyball and Quidditch player. I'll gain the upper hand when it comes to physical combat!"

"Karate? Where's Mahiru-chan gone? " She whispered in Japanese so that Rei could not understand. She wasn't going to last long if Rei continued. She need to come up with a plan first. Quick. 

Rubbing her back, she knew she was going to have a few bruises the day after, but she knew Rei was going to have plenty as well, if she survived their fight. 

As Hogwarts' Head Girl, Rei was no ordinary teenager. Not only was she 'book smart', she was also 'street smart'. That's why she was chosen as the leader of the entire student body, representing the school in many events. Yume knew Rei would recover soon and she needed to think of a back-up plan quick.

I'll distract Rei first. Maybe someone else will find me and rescue me. The most important thing now is my safety. 

She heard a noise coming from the bushes. Peering at the ground, a smile broke through her features. Thank goodness. Someone's here to save me.

"Surrender, Rei." She called. "I don't care what you've done, but if you hurt me any further, you'll violate the law and will be sentenced to prison or somewhat. Sure, I'm what you call a 'mud-blood' and don't know much about Wizarding law. However, I'm sure my bestie Ako Saotome grasps the insides and out of the law here better than you do."

Rei only growled back. "Don't try to sway my decision!"

"What a sick fuck you are." Yume heard someone behind her say. 

I've never heard Koharu curse before... maybe because Rei has caused too much trouble for us already. 

Where are the others, then? I was expecting a senpai like Nozomu or Kanata--

Rei turned to the newcomer. "Nanakura." She muttered. "I was expecting someone else rather than yet another pathetic first-year. The wrong person, the wrong place at the wrong time."

Koharu stared at the older girl for a moment before saying : "Forgive me, Rei."

From her back pocket, Koharu walked towards the two. She raised the gun Yume had thrown on the ground a few minutes before, trying to aim at Rei's right shoulder despite her shaking hands.

And Yume Nijino watched in fear below as Koharu shot the Head Girl, ending this 'quest' once and for all.

***

Hello and thanks for reading! While the ending hasn't been finished yet, hopefully it'll be one you'll like so stay tuned for our next chapter!