Chapter XIX

After doing a research project on the Room of Requirement during his fourth year, Kanata Kira secretly made a sketch of what he thought his Room of Requirement would be like. He had drawn bookshelves filled with the books he needed for his homework and a grand piano. Grey walls lined with satin curtains and a white marble floor covered the room. 

And surprisingly, his sketch was made to life.

Arriving in the Room of Requirement, the two were stunned by what they saw.

"So, I see you also have taste, huh?" The gang's leader, Henry, pointed at the boy with glasses, seeing his blood-tattered clothes. He turned to the crowd of suitors.

"It shall be a competition, then!" Marcus piped up. "I announce that the person who gets her first kiss shall win her hand in marriage!" The crowd cheered.

He walked towards the young girl, pinning her to the walls and lifting her chin up so that he could see her more clearly, gazing at those bright emerald irises. His body was almost pressed against hers. Maybe an inch further, and they would be kissing. He chucked as he saw her cheeks turn pink with embarrassment.

He leaned in closer and closer, titling his head to his right, while also holding her face with his left hand. He was so close, she could hear the thumping of his heartbeat.

Oh my... Oh my...

Despite knowing the rules, Ako did not back away. She had a curious nature ever since birth, and was determined to know what she wanted to know. She had the money and power, but...

She wanted to know what love was like.

She wanted to know what a kiss was like.

Like all other girls her age, she started taking an interest in romance classics. She read those books in her room every night before bed, from Anna Karenina to Gone with the Wind. Growing up in a family where her parents were too busy with work to care for her, the girl just wanted love and attention. By reading those books, she felt like she belonged. She realised that there was someone who would always listen to her words, her troubles, her sadness.

She leaned into the touch as Kanata trailed his thumb across her lips. His emerald orbs shining with desire, mirroring the same emotion of the girl in front of him.

"I shouldn't be here. I shouldn't do this. I want you, but I shouldn't have you."

She watched as he leaned down to her neck, giving soft nips, his breath fanning the curve of her neck. He could breathe in her natural scent and the perfume she put on that night mixing together, an intoxicating scent. Kanata felt his eyes rim with red, his mind going wild, his senses enhanced — only the thought, the realisation of what he was doing drove him crazy. The uncomfortable pit in his stomach when she was dancing with Marcus had long been forgotten — the only thing left was an unfamiliar pool of heat.

His breath hitched as the younger girl lifted her hands up, cupping his face delicately. His eyes fluttered shut as she tiptoed to match his height and placed tiny pecks on his face. His nose, his forehead, his cheek...

Kanata lifted his hands up and placed them gently on the redhead's hands. "Ako... You know you can't do that." He murmured, removing the delicate, tiny hands from his countenance. He placed his hands instead on her chin.

"I'm a man. Only I can make the first move..."

"What if, if I want to do it?" Ako whispered back.

"Well, I can do it for you instead, if you don't mind." Kanata muttered, leaning in. The familiar touch of deja-vu, of heaven, washed over him as he placed kisses on the girl's soft, smooth face, repeating what she had done to him, and Ako was all in for it. The affection she had craved for, she had dreamt of, she had only experienced only in books for so long, was finally given to her. His lips then was tenderly placed, brushed against hers — Her first kiss was stolen. However, lost in the feeling, Ako silently whimpered, wanting more.